Why Do People Drive So Slowly?

ourtess

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ace - that sounds like double standards again. Priceless.

Sorry - if you can't understand what I'm saying then there's not much I can do.

Can't write it out in wax crayon. :P

Just re-read your own "Nothing personal" that you made to someone else on the back of an abusive post to them and perhaps it might sink in.

That clears that up then.

Mr Keyboarder, do you have any hobbies or anything you enjoy doing other than telling people to go slower? Just would be nice to get an insight into the man behind these posts.

Basically if you had your way and speed restrictions were to be imposed on the IOM as in the mainland this would render road racing illegal in the IOM and thus the TT and all of the other road racing would come to an end on the island which would be un-thinkable which is why it should never happen!

Have you ever ridden a motorcycle or owned one? I guess not as your views are the views of a "bikes are dangerous" car owner. Do you complain when the guys from Top Gear test sports cars on the island at all? Maybe you should write to points of view and release your frustration!

Maybe you could contact a software publisher and ask them to make a "Simms" game based on the IOM and you could play God as much as you like and impose all sorts of restrictions all from the comfort of your rocking chair !! haha ;-)

Driving fast is for idiots. If you reckon you can handle a car, go rallying and prove it. If you think you are fast on a bike, go to Jurby and get your arse kicked right round the track.

People driving/riding too fast on public roads endanger others. If you wish to kill yourself, fine. But not when there is someone else coming the other way.

170 on the Ballamoda before it was restricted.

And I have raced at Jurby,

And I have done a few track days.

Do I win?

Basically if you had your way and speed restrictions were to be imposed on the IOM as in the mainland this would render road racing illegal in the IOM and thus the TT and all of the other road racing would come to an end on the island

How on earth do you arrive at this one? Do you know what the TT is?

Basically if you had your way and speed restrictions were to be imposed on the IOM as in the mainland this would render road racing illegal in the IOM and thus the TT and all of the other road racing would come to an end on the island

Let me guess...........................ermmmm........no sorry it has slipped my mind, maybe you could remind me and give me some of that huge capacity of wisdom you have stored in your oh so ever expanding world of yours!

No.............hang on a mo.....................yes I got it!! It's the Isle of Man!!!! :P

Please Mr Keyboarder get your self a hobby! Maybe when I come over in May/June I could pop round and give you a pillion on my bike and show you why the IOM should never restrict the speed?

Guest keltickat6969

peatmeat , theres a problem with you giving keyboarder a pillion! First youd have to enclose your bike in a cage , then add stabilisers , seat belts and incase him in cotton wool. Youd never achieve a desent speed with all the crap onboard :rolleyes:

peatmeat , theres a problem with you giving keyboarder a pillion! First youd have to enclose your bike in a cage , then add stabilisers , seat belts and incase him in cotton wool. Youd never achieve a desent speed with all the crap onboard :rolleyes:

Heehee nice one!

Let me guess...........................ermmmm........no sorry it has slipped my mind, maybe you could remind me and give me some of that huge capacity of wisdom you have stored in your oh so ever expanding world of yours!

No.............hang on a mo.....................yes I got it!! It's the Isle of Man!!!! :P

Please Mr Keyboarder get your self a hobby! Maybe when I come over in May/June I could pop round and give you a pillion on my bike and show you why the IOM should never restrict the speed?

petemeat1, during race days and for practice sessions the IOM authorities temporarily close the roads. You may not realise it, but normally a great part of the course is subject to speed restrictions, some even as low as 30 mph. During closed road conditions these speed restrictions are lifted. By doing this, the racers are able to acheive extremely high lap speeds by going as fast as possible all the way round. So a national limit would not render Manx road racing illegal, you are totally wrong on that point. I decline your offer of a pillion as I expect you are, like most TT visitors, very inexperienced at riding motorcycles at very high speeds. Take keltickat6969 instead, you never know, if you put up a good time he might just sniff your leather clad crotch for you back at the grandstand, lol,lol...

petemeat1, during race days and for practice sessions the IOM authorities temporarily close the roads. You may not realise it, but normally a great part of the course is subject to speed restrictions, some even as low as 30 mph. During closed road conditions these speed restrictions are lifted. By doing this, the racers are able to acheive extremely high lap speeds by going as fast as possible all the way round. So a national limit would not render Manx road racing illegal, you are totally wrong on that point. I decline your offer of a pillion as I expect you are, like most TT visitors, very inexperienced at riding motorcycles at very high speeds. Take keltickat6969 instead, you never know, if you put up a good time he might just sniff your leather clad crotch for you back at the grandstand, lol,lol...

Heehee you cheeky monkey :-)

I decline your offer of a pillion as I expect you are, like most TT visitors, very inexperienced at riding motorcycles at very high speeds.

What a sweeping statment.

You obviously dont have a clue!

Archived