Could Mf Damage Local Businesses?

Manxman27

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Manx Forums is unusual in that posts are deleted without explanation.

Posts being deleted is not the same as "post has been tampered with by a moderator which can sometimes effectively alter the thrust of the post".

I never said it was. Boredom was discussing forums in general wasn't he/she, rather than MF specifically?

we don't 'effectively clear it' at all. That would require the manual approval of every post on here. As it is, I personally don't read every thread and I highly doubt any of the others do which is why we keep stressing to people that they need to help us out by using the report post feature to draw our attention to potential problems.

If your responsibility is zero, then what possible potential problems are there?

We're right and you're wrong. As usual.

This is the first time we've debated anything. Rather unusual really. And incidentally,

I've checked the logs for this year though and I can see the grand total of five posts being removed, four of them yours. I leave it to you to decide where the problem lies here.

A problem appears to lie in the logs. I know of at least 2 others who have had posts removed this year.

We're right and you're wrong. As usual.

This is the first time we've debated anything. Rather unusual really. And incidentally,

True - you're usually only trolling..lol..lol..lol...etc...

er...don't forget that this article is actually an advert for someone's PR services.

I do grumble about the steam packet occasionally, but having done well over two hundred trips with them in the past three years, I think I now 'qualify' as an 'informed customer'.

When you've been messed about and overcharged as much as I have, in a booking system that seems to be a price lottery throughout the year, when they've taken away frequent travel discounts (1 trip in five used to be free), had a fuel surcharge added to every trip, expect you to pay £5 a day just for the privilage of leaving your car in a god foresaken shithole like Heysham for three or four days, and then charge £3.50 for a bacon bap, £3.20 for a pint and £1.40 for a freekin tea bag and a 'small' water - oh and get the odd boat cancelled and never get rung up - despite them insisting they have my telephone number - what else do they expect to hear?

It's only when you are a frequent traveller you notice how bad things really are. That said, I have never had reason to complain about any member of their staff even once. It's the management, price structuring and associated systems that are crap IMO - aimed to suit shareholders and not customers.

I never said it was. Boredom was discussing forums in general wasn't he/she, rather than MF specifically?

No, they specifically referred to 'here'

If your responsibility is zero, then what possible potential problems are there?

Just because we are legally in the right, doesn't mean we have the pockets to fight anyone who just wants to make a nuisance of themselves. See Manxonline for reference.

A problem appears to lie in the logs. I know of at least 2 others who have had posts removed this year.

You're right, I miscounted. It's seven. Four of them are still yours. Problem still appears to lie with you, and seemingly the people you communicate with.

Well apologies all round then. I was responding to the non specific:-

For this reason forums are interesting

Not that it makes much difference, I haven't read anything to challenge my opinion.

@ Amadeus, in response to your very childish comments, being in disagreement with you, or anyone else for that matter is not trolling. Such accusations just make you, IMO, look silly. lol,lol...........

Archived