1-18-08 / Cloverfield

Anyone know how this is going to come along? It's out in the states now and seems to have excellent reviews, but I'm assuming as it's a 'low budget' it won't be screening here (a shame, from what I've seen wouldn't mind seeing it in the cinema).

I'm pretty sure this will come to the cinama over here, it might not have a budget of other films but it is one of the big film releases so far this year.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i felt a little uneasy at the start but i was a little hungover, but i got used to the shakey camera. Hobbes is right about it being difficult to warm to the characters, but even with the big spike through her i'd have had go on that Beth girl.

How did they get the tanks into manhattan so quick?

Characters definitely not likeable - that camera guy bordered on annoying

blair witch meets godzilla?

What fecking camera is he using? Filming 8 to 10 hours wit one battery and one tape - I want one...

Somehow, it's good, though :)

What fecking camera is he using? Filming 8 to 10 hours wit one battery and one tape - I want one...

Only he wasn't though. He was filming for about 1 hr and 20 minutes. Which was the length of the film.

The point is that the movie was everything that was on that one tape. You see?

FAQ

Edited to add link to IMDB FAQ. Some other useful stuff there too.

Still not convinced. Using the camera light, night vision, switiching on and off all night - doubt any camcorder battery can take that. Wait a sec...analyzing fictional films like this is silly, isn't it? :)

Archived