[BBC News] Plans for £4m black spot solution

Newsbot

does that 4M include the cost of when they bought the pub ?

the simple way is to widen the OTHER SIDE of the road, leave the pub, and put an underpass for pedestrians.

(but didn't they have some other hair-brained scheme to turn the pub into a new ambulance depot ?)

Oh dear god NOOOOOOOOOOO.....and all for £4million....what a complete waste of money...

Here's an idea...take down those stupid red and white lane dividers and the majority of the problems will disappear.....

The red and white lane dividers were gone this morning!

Hehehehe If it's causing this much feedback already wait until you see the drawings at the public display

I'll put £5 on them having being drawn using crayons.

And of course, no provision for cyclists. Wonder what the pedestrian provisions will be, current QB has naff all and with no pavement on 3 of the roads coming into the QB, it's a very bad spot indeed.

Oh dear god NOOOOOOOOOOO.....and all for £4million....what a complete waste of money...

Here's an idea...take down those stupid red and white lane dividers and the majority of the problems will disappear.....

The red and white lane dividers were gone this morning!

:cool: don't tell them it was me!!!

I got a letter from the DoT last night asking for my opinions as a "property close to the proposed works".....now where shall I start!

They also need to take into account TT spectators too. There are too few places left where you can sit with a pint watching the races these days.

I have had a sneak preview at the plans, and smuggled out this artists-impression aerial view.

post-2251-1214902148_thumb.jpg

It has an interesting resemblence. Especially when it comes to the number of lanes that will be present....