Cavendish & Tour De France Masterthread

Newsbot

he wouldn't have got this far if such a jesture

Intended?

No - typo! Apols - well spotted.

But it kind of illustrates the sense that boldy acknowledging manx achievement must be some kind of joke... Just imagine what an impact it would make on Manx youth - if you can really excel at your prefered journey in life then this is one island which will really go out of its way to acknowledge your achievement...

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, great achievement - but not exactly enough to start naming buildings, is it?

*thinks back to 'I'd do anything' madness*

Actually, I'll get the new signs printed straight away...

Just priced up the tour and didn't even include him in the outright - neither did most other books. 66/1 out there for the next stage, though, if you fancy a gamble...

We should hold Tour de Mann cycle races they could do laps of the Mountain Course as part of an International Cycle Week, no they did that didn't they? but it wasn't popular enough to be sustainable.

Ok, we should keep them off the roads by building a veldrome, it could be part of a public park, darn they did that too didnt they? but it wasn't popular enough to be sustainable.

Oh well, maybe settle for a photo in the NSCs Wall of Fame.

Good result Cav, hope there are many more chances of congratulations.

Pretty soon there's a good likelihood that he'll be Olympic champion. There should definitely be something done for him Island wide if that happens. Now that we have a precedent of temporarily renaming the Island for a karaoke singer, I think that the only really fitting tribute would be for all new born male children born on the Island in the year after the Olympics to be named Mark (and possibly Marketta for the girls), for all the Island's roads to be 'cycle only zones' for the year and for a great big bronze (or perhaps carbon fibre) statue of him to be built complete with working parts so that it can be wheeled to various sites through out the land.

We're all very proud of his superb achievement and we all wish him well....

...But I believe Tim Glover is seeking a personal interview with the pope to have the young man canonised and Manx Radio are changing their programme schedule to have an hour a day of Cavendish worship.

Anyway, these things tend to go in cycles....according to a spokesperson.

"I wish them well and I'm sure the whole of the Isle of Man will be behind them."

but not unless we change the nameof the Island, have new banners at the airports and sea terminal, display "vote support Mark" posters on house windows, cars, public bins, etc. etc.

I mean, that is how the Isle of Man supports people isn't it?

"I wish them well and I'm sure the whole of the Isle of Man will be behind them."

but not unless we change the nameof the Island, have new banners at the airports and sea terminal, display "vote support Mark" posters on house windows, cars, public bins, etc. etc.

I mean, that is how the Isle of Man supports people isn't it?

Thankfully, Le Tour stages are not decided by public vote, but by talent.

Archived