Cavendish & Tour De France Masterthread

Newsbot

Fingers crossed for Cav tomorrow. Surely he can't become the first ever British rider to win THREE stages on Le Tour, on the same year as he manages his first stage win! ... Can he?

Manx Radio..

http://www.manxradio.com/readNEwsItem.aspx?id=23142

And to show the global interest in his performance, this is from South Africa!

Headline: 'Mark looks to history-making Tour stage'

http://www.supersport.co.za/cycling/articl...%20Tour%20stage

C'mon folks - lets get behind the 'speedy Manxman' and of course the entire crucial Team Columbia 'train'!

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Incredible

Shows he has to be the best sprinter about, on his 2nd win I couldn't believe how much ground he covered compared to others, not seen this one yet

According to the beeb, this was his hardest one yet. Can't wait to see it.

Have just watched his 3rd win on ITV4. The first cyclist from the british isles ever to win 3 stages in one year.

Astounding!

And I thought his interview showed he has matured during the race. The interviewers were very clear that he is the fastest sprinter in the world today and a key part of a new movement of clean, post-doping cyclists.

Can anybody think of a Manx sports personality in history to match his performance?

Have just watched his 3rd win on ITV4. The first cyclist from the british isles ever to win 3 stages in one year.

Astounding!

And I thought his interview showed he has matured during the race. The interviewers were very clear that he is the fastest sprinter in the world today and a key part of a new movement of clean, post-doping cyclists.

Can anybody think of a Manx sports personality in history to match his performance?

Well David Knight for one.

amazing the amount of sports talent this island produces.

I've watched 'Le Tour' for many years now and always enjoyed it but seeing a local guy take the spoils 3 times this year really has made it that much more enjoyable. It would be great to see Cav take another stage win but I think his days are surely numbered soon with the Olympics so close.

Still, there's always next year when he can go all out for all the flatter stages and hopefully make the finish in Paris.

Whatever though, he's done the island proud so far this year, could we possibly see something else in Beijing too?

If he gets a medal in the olympics then he's got to be guaranteed the sports personality of the year award surely? He's done enough already to win it but an olympic medal would surely secure it for him.

Get your bets on now, he's 20-1

Archived