Kaupthing Singer & Friedlander... About To Go Pop?

gilf_uk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think a defence to blackmail is justification, so you have a defence if you think your claims are justified. That is what establishes the criminal intent.

I don't think you are correct. It will be interesting to hear Mr Wright's views.

S

"Police say they will be taking no action over a threatening letter " is not the same as "The police in this case don't appear to think it's blackmail".

Do try to report correctly.

S

Just the same action as was taken when the brown envelope went missing from the CMs safe

The police in this case don't appear to think it's blackmail though, as reported in the original news item.

Yes, interesting one that. Because in the highly unlikely event anything untoward has been going on then the police would have investigated it. They haven't investigated it ergo there isn't anything that the KSFIOM group can use against the prevaricators decision makers hence it can't be blackmail.

Of course, if the million-to-one chancer does come up with some dirt you would have to wonder why The Island's Finest had failed to investigate it...

There is also no law against putting up a website with a zillion links simply stating the facts of the KSFIOM collapse and the IOM in general. After all, it's not as though anyone can deny that an ex-CM's wife is a felon due to her usage of Public Funds for example. But whether or not that kind of information would deter any future IOM investor is basically unquantifiable. If Tinpotwald don't push back on it then clearly they think it's not worth bothering about. Mind you, it could be squeaky-bottom time for some...

The police in this case don't appear to think it's blackmail though, as reported in the original news item.

Yes, interesting one that. Because in the highly unlikely event anything untoward has been going on then the police would have investigated it. They haven't investigated it ergo there isn't anything that the KSFIOM group can use against the prevaricators decision makers hence it can't be blackmail.

Of course, if the million-to-one chancer does come up with some dirt you would have to wonder why The Island's Finest had failed to investigate it...

Things have to come to people's attention first to be investigated, investigation isn't done as a matter of course - if it was, now that would be a police state.

I don't think you can put a probability on it yet, let alone a million to one. Personally, I can't see the logic in sending such a letter unless they suspect they know something, no matter how minor that might turn out to be. There again it might be bluff - who knows at this stage?

As I have said previously, I am all for such an in-depth investigation, provided it is done legally of course. I think investigative journalism is healthy in a democracy. And throwing their own logic back at some of these politicians: If they have nothing to hide, then they have nothing to fear.

I was sat in the late Rollies house having a chat when he produced copies of land deals and property ownwership and the names of the builders that built the homes, Jersey seems to be a favourite place to own a second home. now if a poet can dig a bit a dirt up, god help them when the PIs get involvd,

Things have to come to people's attention first to be investigated, investigation isn't done as a matter of course - if it was, now that would be a police state.

Hardly, it just has to come to the attention of the plod.

I don't think you can put a probability on it yet, let alone a million to one. Personally, I can't see the logic in sending such a letter unless they suspect they know something, no matter how minor that might turn out to be. There again it might be bluff - who knows at this stage?

I have to fess up here Albert, the "million-to-one" odds I put on the issue is a number I just made up.

At this stage I suspect it actually doesn't matter if it's bluff or verifiable. The result is pretty much the same.

Archived