Apple Iphone And Manx Telecom

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cool. Got there in the end. I dont see data usage being too big an issue unless people depend on mobile data heavily which most do not I would have thought.. the odd facebook check maybe for most people... ?

thing is, with all the interesting and genuinely useful apps out on the appstore you are bound to use more data.

I have a blackberry and other than email, normal phone calls all I do is occasionally look at facebook. The reason for this is most of the applications are either hard to find, too expensive, or don't work or even all of the above and you can forget surfing the internet with one, mobile internet akin to the wap days on pages that aren't formatted properly. Ironically I have unlimited data on this device and can barely make use of it.

Cool. Got there in the end. I dont see data usage being too big an issue unless people depend on mobile data heavily which most do not I would have thought.. the odd facebook check maybe for most people... ?

thing is, with all the interesting and genuinely useful apps out on the appstore you are bound to use more data.

I have a blackberry and other than email, normal phone calls all I do is occasionally look at facebook. The reason for this is most of the applications are either hard to find, too expensive, or don't work or even all of the above and you can forget surfing the internet with one, mobile internet akin to the wap days on pages that aren't formatted properly. Ironically I have unlimited data on this device and can barely make use of it.

Then you sir have a shit blackberry :P

Then you sir have a shit blackberry :P

i know this, i probably won't ever have one again

Right basically here is the rundown.

Currently I am on an 18 month contract (£45 per month)

I got one this morning.

I still had some time to run on my contract but the very nice person I spoke to didn't bother with any buy out stuff as we've a number of lines / phones on the account and we're a "good customer"

So, I'm happy with my iPhone at last and it saves me carrying a phone and an iPod around

Right basically here is the rundown.

Currently I am on an 18 month contract (£45 per month)

I got one this morning.

I still had some time to run on my contract but the very nice person I spoke to didn't bother with any buy out stuff as we've a number of lines / phones on the account and we're a "good customer"

So, I'm happy with my iPhone at last and it saves me carrying a phone and an iPod around

Did you also have to subscribe to the data plan?

The lowest flex tarrif comes with 2GB of data. i didn't subscribe to any extra data over and above that. I have wireless at home and work to connect through. The 375 mins/text is more than I'll ever use in a month. A basically wanted an iPod that I can occasionally use as a phone

they seem to be selling a few I called in today and they sold 3 or four in the 15 mins I was waiting.

I wanted a Nokia n96, but was told the mms wont work over here!? So you want me to buy a £340 pound phone that some of the fetures won't work on I think not, walked out empty handed :(

The lowest flex tarrif comes with 2GB of data. i didn't subscribe to any extra data over and above that. I have wireless at home and work to connect through. The 375 mins/text is more than I'll ever use in a month. A basically wanted an iPod that I can occasionally use as a phone

2gb? !!! :o

is mt's website out of date then. cus its 2MB on there. if u want 2gb you have to pay an extra 50 quid ontop of ur monthly tariff!! :angry:

Am I right in thinking that the standard data with MT is 1MB and with C&W it's 100Mb?

Anybody using the LG Renoir?

Just checked out MT & CW for the LG Renoir

Plan Term(Months) Inc. Mins Inc. Texts Inc.Data Monthly Charge Phone Price

MT Flex 80 - 12 - 80 - 0 - 100 kb! - £14.69 - £285.00

Plan Term(Months) Inc. Mins Inc. Texts Inc.Data Monthly Charge Phone Price

C&W Sure 50 - 12 - 50 - 50 - 100MB - £10 - £260.00

I think MT are taking the piss on the plans. 100kb of data versus 100MB no texts and nearly a fiver dearer.

Duh sorry not easy to read...

Archived