Apple Iphone And Manx Telecom

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ive had an iphone 2g since early on. As a gadget in a wifi zone it is one of the best gadgets out there. bbc iplayer on it is superb, web browsing is fantastic etc. all the apps you can get are so handy. but as a phone its pretty pants. text is sh1t, camera is sh1t, no video camera (the app that makes it a video camera is pants)

Saying that tho i still love my iphone. There is no way I would go back to a phone without a screen of the same quality. Ive seen all the iphone copies coming from all the big companies but since they wont have all the apps available, thats a big put off for me.

In the perfect world mt would do an unlimited data tariff with an iphone 3g. Now that would be good.

Ive had an iphone 2g since early on. As a gadget in a wifi zone it is one of the best gadgets out there. bbc iplayer on it is superb, web browsing is fantastic etc. all the apps you can get are so handy. but as a phone its pretty pants. text is sh1t, camera is sh1t, no video camera (the app that makes it a video camera is pants)

Saying that tho i still love my iphone. There is no way I would go back to a phone without a screen of the same quality. Ive seen all the iphone copies coming from all the big companies but since they wont have all the apps available, thats a big put off for me.

In the perfect world mt would do an unlimited data tariff with an iphone 3g. Now that would be good.

yeap unlimited data would be perfect

maybe you need to try htc touch hd has bigger screen and it is way better than iphone in my opinion

Manxtelecom has got an iphone 3g, seen it today at strand street shop, dunno how much cuz I'm not interested in it

Flicking through manx tails today I came across the two page Sure advert (Page 44-45) and it says

"The iPhone is currently available exclusively from Sure in the Isle of Man".

Hmm...

Manxtelecom has got an iphone 3g, seen it today at strand street shop, dunno how much cuz I'm not interested in it

Flicking through manx tails today I came across the two page Sure advert (Page 44-45) and it says

"The iPhone is currently available exclusively from Sure in the Isle of Man".

Hmm...

Was in Mt today and they have the 3g iphone from today, and it aint cheap even on 18 month contract i think it was 120 quid for an 8gb phone on someting like £38 a month contract and this allowed 2gig a month of data download.I hope i have used all the proper technical terms :P

I'm on a blackberry curve at moment and going to wait and see when, and how much the storm is when launched>Unfortunately they don't know when this will be at moment!

You are certain that wasn't an iPod Touch ? They are selling them in the Strand St shop.

Definatley the 3G Iphone at MT Mobile Shop.

I've been under a confidentiality clause for a couple of weeks, but it has been released to the public today as the mobile shop have been issuing details to customers. I won't go into details on tariffs - go down to Strand Street and have a look, all the info is in there.

Don't know about Sure as I haven't seen Manx Tails - but it won't be an exclusive.

OK - so, MT have finally got their act together and started to offer the iPhone - after Sure Mobile, even though O2 in the UK are the authorised distributor - but I digress.

Point, is, I notice that the O2 Pay as You Go price for the handset is still cheaper than MT's price, so wondered... if I bought the iPhone from O2, would I be able to use it on the MT network without unlocking it - seeing as how O2 and MT are owned by the same people and all... anyone have any actual knowledge (as opposed to speculation) about this?

Yes I know I could unlock it or jailbreak it, but looking for minimum hassle option here...

Cheers

TB

http://shop.o2.co.uk/promo/iphoneindex/Pay_And_Go/3G (£342 for an iphone on prepay.)

And MT are knocking them out from £170 so i dont know where you think its cheaper to get an O2 one (which will be locked.)

Edit: if you mean having an iphone on pay as you go then personally i would get a 2g one for half the price as you cant use the 3g network and would only be able to go online with wifi.

Archived