Places We Used To Love... Where Are They Now..?

John

Arr remember The Cave... its now ..well nothing !!

What was the roller disco that became the Nautilus Gym and is now a clothes shop..? remember the Roller Skating by the bus station, was it really in the Legion or does my memory fail me?

John 8))

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

arr i was more a funhouse guy.. think i went to the white city once.. its all posh apartments now !!!

I have such fond memories off the ball pool and the barrel..arggg the mushroom off death

:D

hey John lets see how long you can stay standing up and running around whilst we all try and jump on you as this plastic saucer spins arround at 3000000000 rpm.... front teeth.. who needs them !!!!

Edited by John Faragher

Too young for White city sadly, liked the funhouse, John, that shroom really got you didn't it, all i had was elbows and knees that looked like slices of corned beef after i had been on it, but teeth!

I also remember that if you went downstairs, not the really freaky waxworks bit, but the bit with the ball pond and wind in willows thing, walk through the wind in willows, go through a door, up the stairs and you came out at the top of the slide in the fun house, obviously totally not allowed but fun if you had to hide from the guy controlling the mushroom after throwing stuff at him, after he delibaretly threw you off 10x faster than anyone else that day.

The thing downstairs, shooting gallery etc, what was the thing you went in and it rocked, not the boat but the thing to the left, i got taken i once with some older lads and they nearly flipped it upside down, oficially one of the scariest things ever to happen to me, needed a change of pants!

arr that used to make me feel really ill .. all black and encased and would rock back and forth whilst the outside would spin around...

Thats the one, maybe if we kept these things and used them as some sort of public torture, instead of bringing backt the birtch, put a few spikes in it, no seats, and spin them, for every week in prison, a minute in that, oh wait, my twisted mind has started again.....

arr that used to make me feel really ill .. all black and encased and would rock back and forth whilst the outside would spin around...

Thats the one, maybe if we kept these things and used them as some sort of public torture, instead of bringing backt the birtch, put a few spikes in it, no seats, and spin them, for every week in prison, a minute in that, oh wait, my twisted mind has started again.....

if this is the one I'm thinking of, Alton Towers has 'reinvented' it as the Hex ride.

Also, I think the roller skating was opposite the legion, not in it. or was it? not sure now.

pitty the cleaners, as the funhouse one made me sooo ill and I am sure the Alton Towers one is far larger..

just remembered the spitting man on the shooting game..hehe and getting out off the ghost train half way round to scare the crap out off people who came round after you !!!

so anyone tell me what the Roller Disco was called that was at the old Nautilus Gymn in Strand Street, was it the same place as the MGM..?

Going to the old Palace Cinema in the street and watching all the people squashed up against teh glass doors when watching Rocky 3 (or could have been 4..?)

The good old days

:D

The best roller disco was at Summerland. I had a birthday party there and wore a nice giraffe jumper that my nana had knitted for me and some velour pants. Also one time our kiwi cousin broke his arm while attempting a jump to impress the Manx girls.