Anagh Coar Butcher

Cassandra

Popped in last night to pick up some steak (which was fantasic, well hung Manx beef, nothing like what you buy in the supermarket, about a million times better!)

Bought fresh (?not frozen anyway) ostrich, kangaroo and crocodile, for a laugh. Surprisingly tasty! And added a bit of interest to our fajitas.

Also bought air dried Manx ham - a bit like parma ham, but Manx. Yum.

Says he makes his own sausages (not tried), and the pies (I've had previously) are fantabulous.

AND he said he would order in some veal bones so I can make my own stock - I can't get these anywhere!!!!

Supermarkets are cr*p. Long live the independents!!!

Went to him last summer when we were at a friends for a BBQ - he does pre-prepared assorted cheap BBQ trays that worked out very good value and were very tasty too.

'Cheap'? worked out at 'good value'? FFS

He is frequented by lovers of excellent meat, and the well-to-do, a lot more than the local dross. Very friendly bloke and well worth the visit even if you only buy something 'cheap'. <_<

Wot a snob - that's no way to talk about the people at Farmhill.

Went to him last summer when we were at a friends for a BBQ - he does pre-prepared assorted cheap BBQ trays that worked out very good value and were very tasty too.

'Cheap'? worked out at 'good value'? FFS

He is frequented by lovers of excellent meat, and the well-to-do, a lot more than the local dross. Very friendly bloke and well worth the visit even if you only buy something 'cheap'. <_<

Has anyone tried these Roasted Marrow bones I seem to remember reading about in another thread? I'm 99% sure my missus won't let me within 100m of the house with them, but I'm intrigued. I Google'd them and they seem to feature on a few restaurant menus.

Has anyone tried these Roasted Marrow bones I seem to remember reading about in another thread? I'm 99% sure my missus won't let me within 100m of the house with them, but I'm intrigued. I Google'd them and they seem to feature on a few restaurant menus.

I will be trying roasted marrow on toast a la St John when my bones come in.

Will report back soon. :)

Archived