G20 Protests London

Amadeus

Get back to picking flowers and eating tofu you clown.

I am probably one of the most anti-hippy people you would meet. I just don't think that coppers should be able to assault people for walking along the street. But in your case I would gladly make an exception.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am probably one of the most anti-hippy people you would meet. I just don't think that coppers should be able to assault people for walking along the street. But in your case I would gladly make an exception.

I wish they'd given you a slap, maybe it would knock some sense into you.

Walk into a crowd of people or in that general area, where its all " kicking " off and what do you expect, an armed guard back to your car?

Get a grip you spanner, if your stupid enough to walk into an area like that, then expect the worst.

But please feel free to do it, I need a good laugh.

Walk into a crowd of people or in that general area, where its all " kicking " off and what do you expect, an armed guard back to your car?

Get a grip you spanner, if your stupid enough to walk into an area like that, then expect the worst.

actually he kinda got forced into those areas by the police in the first place, they kept blocking roads so he had to go other ways.

I take it you know exactly where this guy lived then?

and whoever criticised the woman for going back for more, can i slap you round the face and see what you do?

actually he kinda got forced into those areas by the police in the first place, they kept blocking roads so he had to go other ways.

and whoever criticised the woman for going back for more, can i slap you round the face and see what you do?

She hit the coppe first if you look into it, so he was right to use force. He should have blasted her over the head.

Feell free to slap me but expect a kick in the balls.

She hit the coppe first if you look into it, so he was right to use force. He should have blasted her over the head.

Feell free to slap me but expect a kick in the balls.

:D

you came back ..........

Internet tough guy alert!

1237436885305.jpg

How did you get that pic of me.............shit, my secret is out now.

So I respond to someone saying what would I do if someone slapped me and it makes me an internet hard man, jesus Jim your humour is wank.

Please feel free to try again, espc with another shit joke.

At least do something original.

I'm not as concerned by the second incident as I was by the first. In that the bloke seems to be totally uninvolved and complying with the police demand to move on. In this case the lady had been told to go - had refused, had had force used against her - yes a move to physically remove her from the area would have been better than the slap; its not good, but I'm not convinced it was a gross over use of force - it didn't stop her at all! She then came back again and this time had more extreme force used against her to make her move on.

If you continue to confront a police line when told to disperse you are going to get force used against you - pure and simple: and ever protestor knows that and is basically challenging it.

I totally agree the lady wasn't being violent, but she was practicing civil disobedience and suffered the consequences. I'm not convinced from the evidence presented that the copper totally over-reacted - his efforts in dealing with her also impacted his abilities to deal with greater threats around him - offering her a cup of tea and a discussion about the turtles wasn't an option!

I would completely agree with you if I was a liberal or simply a statist. The police have a monopoly on violence. If you get told what to do and you do not do it then you can expect to be hit as many times as necessary to make you an obedient citizen of the state.

From my point of view, she was being told to accept some authority by a group of men who had absolutely no right to tell her where she should move to and where not to be. But she disobeyed. And even though she was not violent this disobedience somehow means that another person has sanction to hit her? Violence such as this is unacceptable, just as unnacceptable if she initated a violence against the police. What annoys me even more is that if she hit the policeman she would be immediately arrested and charged. However, a suspension is meted out to this man who used violence.

For those who haven't seen the incident, it is available via THIS GUARDIAN LINK

It's difficult to see how the police could justify this action. The guy who slapped her and then felt it necessary to hit her with a baton (after all, he was barely twice her size so she was clearly a serious threat to his safety!) seemed to be trying to provoke a reaction - as did several others on the fron line - but he was then happy to cower behind his mates and, of course, to keep his badge number concealed.

If a protester had acted in that way, they would have found themselves in a cell very soon afterwards. The same should apply to this 'officer of the law.'

Erm..were you there? Did you see the cops, talk to them, get a sense of the atmosphere on the day? No? Thought so...

Erm..were you there? Did you see the cops, talk to them, get a sense of the atmosphere on the day? No? Thought so...

How do you know I wasnt working in London that day dip shit?

Your not very good detective are you.

For those who haven't seen the incident, it is available via THIS GUARDIAN LINK

It's difficult to see how the police could justify this action. The guy ... seemed to be trying to provoke a reaction - as did several others on the fron line.

Not sure I agree entirely with you Lonan3. My interpretation - the police are holding a line - you see someone trying to get through and refused. Things are reasonably calm. There is then an altication as a black guy tries to get through. I agree that one policeman does seem to very provocatively and deliberately exassabate the situation by pushing/assault him, and the crowd reacts, greatly increasing the volume of shouting and closing in.

The policeman who hits the girl now tries to get the crowd back - he pushes the girl back and the girl confronts him - he's just aware of his colleagues behind him in an altication - tells her to get back - she doesn't, swears etc. He slaps her to get back, she comes forward again as does a guy in sun glasses to her left, basically off camera until after the incident. He draws his baton and hits her.

Its not nice I agree - but I have reasonable doubt that it was an over-reaction.

With Tomlinson I've no such doubt.

They've been given an order to hold a line - I can't see this as unreasonable.

An altication is on-going behind him and people are closing in on him. He uses escalating force to try to get the girl away, she continues to come forward in a situation where others are also coming in on him.

I can't say beyond a reasonable doubt he's used unnecessary force.

Reasonable doubt is a very important word.

At least do something original.

And of course your trademark, acting like a wanker on internet forums, is really original. I was doing it last century.

Thats impossible, so you couldnt have been doing it.

Again, another shit joke.

Archived