G20 Protests London

Amadeus

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, looks to me like a pretty straight forward assault by the police officer. Pumped up, ready for violence, he throws his weight around and goes for an innocent party walking with his hands in pockets away from him.

If justice is blind I can't see any reason he shouldn't be charged and tried. He can try for as much mitigation as he wants, but that doesn't change the facts of the assault.

Yeah, looks to me like a pretty straight forward assault by the police officer. Pumped up, ready for violence, he throws his weight around and goes for an innocent party walking with his hands in pockets away from him.

If justice is blind I can't see any reason he shouldn't be charged and tried. He can try for as much mitigation as he wants, but that doesn't change the facts of the assault.

His colleagues need to be kicked out too for not immediately arresting him and for not having come forward since. The whole group will be identifiable.

Another scandal for the Met then - should be used to it by now...

Cops around there were quite hostile, but just in a way you'd expect during an event like that - firm and on orders kinda thing...

Was it the Met though, or was it the City of London cops, they're separate forces. Looks as though some were CoL but difficult to tell with the riot gear dressed ones.

His colleagues need to be kicked out too for not immediately arresting him and for not having come forward since. The whole group will be identifiable.

Was it the Met though, or was it the City of London cops, they're separate forces. Looks as though some were CoL but difficult to tell with the riot gear dressed ones.

The City lot just don't have the numbers, so it will be predominately Met.

I've always maintained that the UK Police simply don't have the discipline, training or command structure to deal with these sorts of situations and time and again they prove me right...

The news reports say the copper hit him on the legs with a baton, then pushed him, but if you freeze frame the copper doesn't seem to have anything in his hands - I think they are seeing a dog lead and saying its a baton. Anyone got better eyes than me?

The news reports say the copper hit him on the legs with a baton, then pushed him, but if you freeze frame the copper doesn't seem to have anything in his hands - I think they are seeing a dog lead and saying its a baton. Anyone got better eyes than me?

th_01-13.jpg

th_02-8.jpg

th_03-8.jpg

th_04-3.jpg

th_05-3.jpg

th_06-3.jpg

I think your third photo isn't a baton hitting his legs - which looks like is in his left hand - you need to go another few frames from your last photo and you see his hands are empty.

How did you edit these Amadeus? Or am I just thick with the internet!

Edited: gone cross eyed - still feel that in the frames after he's pushed it he doesn't have a baton, but do feel that in some of the ones before he does!! The quality on the video I can find isn't good enough for me to say either way!

I think your third photo isn't a baton hitting his legs - which looks like is in his left hand - you need to go another few frames from your last photo and you see his hands are empty.

How did you edit these Amadeus? Or am I just thick with the internet!

Edited: gone cross eyed - still feel that in the frames after he's pushed it he doesn't have a baton, but do feel that in some of the ones before he does!! The quality on the video I can find isn't good enough for me to say either way!

Definitely a baton in his hands, before and after the push. Might not come out so well in pics, but looked at it in slo-mo and it's pretty clear. In the last pic, you can see the loop that goes around his hand, then the camera moves away

10-5.jpg

11-2.jpg

12-1.jpg

In Today's Times Tom Whipple dismisses the rotten apple theory: the whole barrel was rotten last week at G20 protest. The thrust of the article is that according to seemingly credible eyewitnesses the Police basically went on the rampage and were indiscriminately beating people up.

On the World At One today on R4, a medical student talked about how badly the Police behaved as she was attempting to give the man first aid after he had collapsed. She also calls in to question the Police version of events. The full interview is quite shocking IMO - it is on the iplayer: here starting 9 min 30 secs from the start.

The Daily Mail includes extracts of her comments in this item.

A third-year medical student who gave first aid to Ian Tomlinson after he collapsed told BBC Radio 4's World at One programme how she stood over the stricken newspaper seller trying to protect him from rampaging police.

Lucy Apps told of the moment she spotted Mr Tomlinson lying in the street near the Bank of England.

The student said: 'I saw him moving along but he was unsteady. He bumped into the edge of a doorway. He didn't hit it very hard but he stopped and fell over.

'I had him in the recovery position and someone phoned the ambulance. They told us to put him flat on his back.

I imagine they were about to tell us to do CPR but the police then charged the crowd again so I had to stand in front of him to stop him being trampled.

'People were veering around him, so I went back to his side. Then the police charged again and began to force us away from him.

'I refused to move and told them I was a medical student and that I saw him collapse, but they forced me away when I told them I didn't know him.

'The guy on the phone to the ambulance said to the police that the operator wanted to speak to them but the policeman refused and just moved us away.'

seems pretty clear cut to me, whatever may have happened prior to these videos or what was said, he is posing no threat at those precise moments to any of the officers. Every single one of those officers there should be charged, as for sitting back and doing nothing they as good as hit him too.

Archived