G20 Protests London

Amadeus

Just watched Obama fly in - landed at Regents Park, only around 100 meters away from me. Too dark for proper pics,though - will see what I can salvage later.

Bleedin men in black suits switched the mobile network in the area off - no reception at all for half a mile, just dead...

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am, If you can get to Baker St, go up as far as the United Bank of Kuwait on the corner of George St, turn into George St and about a hundred yards up on the right is the Aristocrat Pub.

Good lager and food.

If you have the time, go all the way right up George St and you'll end up in Little Baghdad - Edgeware Road - excellent Arab coffee shops and pastries.

LDV, it was on the news yesterday evening, Brighton or Dorset or somewhere like that, the dreadful terrorists had fireworks, sounds like Guy Fawkes, perhaps he was right after all.

Making 'devices' from fireworks, which are essentially just explosives and having a replica Kalashnikov is pretty stupid though eh? Perhaps being banged up is better than going on a protest and waving one of these around with fireworks going off

Kalashnikov_AK-74.jpg

right or wrong, heck it's only a toy - but I reckon they'd last about 5mins before being shot themselves. You play with 'fire'works, you get your fingers burnt.

Oh and you can make an explosive device big enough to blow up a bus from over the counter stuff and a few ingredients from under your kitchen sink - should people doing that be let off too?

They may no be terrorists, just f**king stupid.

Am, If you can get to Baker St, go up as far as the United Bank of Kuwait on the corner of George St, turn into George St and about a hundred yards up on the right is the Aristocrat Pub.

Good lager and food.

If you have the time, go all the way right up George St and you'll end up in Little Baghdad - Edgeware Road - excellent Arab coffee shops and pastries.

Funny you mention that - stuck at edgeware road after security alert on the district line. Might have a wander round..

Got Obama leaving for Downing Street - pic on Twitter stream, proper ones tonight. Off towards westminster now for some more and then City for some riots - maybe...

Got Obama leaving for Downing Street - pic on Twitter stream, proper ones tonight. Off towards westminster now for some more and then City for some riots - maybe...

I can't believe people heading to work were advised to wear casual clothes to reduce the risk of being attacked.

Despite normally dressing in casual clothes for work I would be sorely tempted to wear a suit and possibly a bowler hat for the day.

Fucking hippies

Surely jeans abd sandles, more likely to get attacked, by the police.

Rightly so I reckon

I agree, sandals and jeans don't really go together, do they?

I wonder if all this stuff about bankers and office staff needing to come in casual gear is to create this atmosphere of opposition to the protesters. Of those protesting there would be no group that would openly claim to attack bankers and of those groups going I couldn't think of any that would attack bankers. I wonder if it simply to prevent bankers being jeered at.

Archived