G20 Protests London

Amadeus

I thought these were funny quotes coming in live to the BBC:

0913 The BBC's Richard Westcott outside the London Stock Exchange says: The protest planned for 0700 in the City of London is getting off to a late start. Only 40 demonstrators have made it out so far. Looks like some of the protesters needed a lie-in.

isn't it signing on day?

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So why did the anti-capitalists smash up a Nationalised bank?

Got me confused that one.

Anti-capitalists are not proponents of Keynesian economic policies. Nationalisation is not a product of anti-capitalism. And this bank is only partially statw-owned as far as I am aware.

Any of those protesters actually try to do some good for humanity and trash a Macdonalds?

Doubt it - way too busy "getting the message out"

protest02.jpg

protest03.jpg

Police 'assaulted' bystander who died during G20 protests

According to the accounts the man, who was on his way home from work, was attacked by the Police.

Investigators are examining a series of corroborative accounts that allege Ian Tomlinson, 47, was a victim of police violence in the moments before he collapsed near the Bank of England in the City of London last Wednesday evening. Three witnesses have told the Observer that Mr Tomlinson was attacked violently as he made his way home from work at a nearby newsagents. One claims he was struck on the head with a baton.

Pretty sick stuff!

And am glad there is a fuller account of what happened. I came across some news on the internet not long after this happened and it just the impression that somebody has collapsed and that protesters (being the bad guys of course) were stopping the police from helping. It didn't actually say how the bastards were responsible for this and that protesters might have been throwing the bottles back in revenge.

Caught on film and stored on database: how police keep tabs on activists

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ec8_1239022908

Seen them in action in London as well - plenty of fuzz with cameras. Not sure why they need HD cams, but hey - if we put your name on a database, we might as well do it in HD :angry:

Caught on film and stored on database: how police keep tabs on activists

It's nothing new though, Police have been photgraphing and logging activists on marches since the 70's or probably earlier. My brother has been 'flagged up' just for being on a few marches.

Footage on BBC News this evening of that poor man being attacked by the Police. He died. He was not even a demonstrator but was on his way home from work.

ETA: and the govt tries to justify legislation to stop people filming and photographing them.

online here

Footage on BBC News this evening of that poor man being attacked by the Police. He died. He was not even a demonstrator but was on his way home from work.

ETA: and the govt tries to justify legislation to stop people filming and photographing them.

online here

Another scandal for the Met then - should be used to it by now...

Cops around there were quite hostile, but just in a way you'd expect during an event like that - firm and on orders kinda thing...

Pictures and film will always get out - it's 2009, and if even plonks like me can fire pics up to Twitter within 30 seconds of something happening, then there's positively no chance to bring in any kind of legislation that would stop this, however convenient that might be for certain people at times...

Whatever, wherever and whenever something happens - someone, somewhere, somehow, will have a picture - and it's easy to share these days...

http://www.manxtube.com/video/557/G20-Protests-in-London

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7989027.stm

So there you go.

Innocent bloke walking home from work attacked from behind.

By a copper hiding in a crash helmet and a balaclava

And the police alienate themselves yet again.

Cue whitwash inquiry.

Bunch of cunts.

Archived