Real Ice Rink For Festive Season

isleofman.com News

I think £7 is surprisingly cheap.

Indeed, that's a bargain!

More so given the fact its not synthetic shite either and you get skates too.

To all those people who think its expensive, check out how much it is in the UK... with skates....on a proper ice rink....

More than 7 pound a hour!!

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
Went today, loads of fun. If you are thinking of going though, get there early, the queues are massive even if you have booked, you can waste 20 minutes of your hour waiting for skates.

hold on thay use your 20 mins and take it out of your hour u paid for, thats not right is it

Went today, loads of fun. If you are thinking of going though, get there early, the queues are massive even if you have booked, you can waste 20 minutes of your hour waiting for skates.

hold on thay use your 20 mins and take it out of your hour u paid for, thats not right is it

I wasn't happy with the situation but it was my sons birthday and we had a party of 8 with us so I wasn't going to kick up a fuss. We just made sure we were the last off the ice when they were calling the next session.

In my view it depends. Most I have seen in the UK they let you get your skates and put them on before the start of the session which means you should be ready to go when your session is called. If you are late arriving or late putting them on then that falls back on you. Equally I think it is wise to expect there might be some sort of que so arrive in good time

On the other hand if basically they are not letting you get your skates and put them on until the start of the session time then I agree it does not seem right.

Finally I would say congratulations to the organisors etc and I hope it is popular and succesful because hopefully it will show if you do a "proper job" you have a much better chance of being succesful than if you do it "on the cheap". i.e. compare this years ice skating effort to the minature plastic rink in the Villiers square a couple of years ago.

Archived