Real Ice Rink For Festive Season

isleofman.com News

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We went for a go tonight after work. I thought it was bloody good value considering it includes the skate hire and they're good, sturdy skates. Extra points for having them in my size too, even if the lad did ask if I wanted a paddle with them. Ho Ho. Seven quid for an hour is excellent value, it really is.

Never done anything like it before, I never even rollerskated as a kid, and it's hard work! I didn't actually fall over but I wasn't exactly zipping around out there. Didn't see any bad collisions and the lads they had out on the ice were very quick to get to people who'd taken a tumble and get them back to their feet quickly.

Enjoyed it though, it's something different to do and well done to Sure for bringing it over. I'm going again at the weekend with kids.

Edit: Oh, and about the waiting thing. We got there in plenty of time and we were allowed to get our skates and get ready while we waited for the last session to finish. I guess if you arrive two minutes before the session starts you run the risk of everyone else doing the same. Get there twenty minutes early and you wont have a problem.

I saw three decapitations, 2 axemurders and a partridge in a pear tree at the ice-rink. It's ruthless down there.

I believe a bloke fell over and another skater went over his hand severing his first finger around 6pm. Ambulance took him and recovered finger to hospital. Work colleague of missus witnessed a partly severed finger incident. This may be same incident or two separate events.

I saw three decapitations, 2 axemurders and a partridge in a pear tree at the ice-rink. It's ruthless down there.

I believe a bloke fell over and another skater went over his hand severing his first finger around 6pm. Ambulance took him and recovered finger to hospital. Work colleague of missus witnessed a partly severed finger incident. This may be same incident or two separate events.

A couple of broken legs at the weekend as well I heard. Place is a deathtrap! :)

Edit: Oh, and about the waiting thing. We got there in plenty of time and we were allowed to get our skates and get ready while we waited for the last session to finish. I guess if you arrive two minutes before the session starts you run the risk of everyone else doing the same. Get there twenty minutes early and you wont have a problem.

Yeah, you really need to get your skates on mate, get your skates on mate...

Never done anything like it before, I never even rollerskated as a kid, and it's hard work! I didn't actually fall over but I wasn't exactly zipping around out there. Didn't see any bad collisions and the lads they had out on the ice were very quick to get to people who'd taken a tumble and get them back to their feet quickly.

Went yesterday, and was chuffed. Well organised, staff on the ice were friendly and very fast to pick people up after a splat. Very good value for an hour, high quality gear, real ice, well maintained and a lot of staff to hand. Brilliant, bravo, more!

OK obligatory bleatette, but not the fault of the organisers :) The scramble for skates at the start of each round was a bit stressful, wife got into a bit of a scrap with some guy mouthing off that he shouldn't have to queue because he'd pre booked. We'd all pre-booked, the thing was sold out, 200 people wanting skates, you gorra queue!

People eh?

A couple of broken legs at the weekend as well I heard. Place is a deathtrap! :)

Three broken wrists this weekend (people i know).could be more .A & E must be loving it,like TT week at hospital

Three broken wrists this weekend (people i know).could be more .A & E must be loving it,like TT week at hospital

I am quite surprised there's not more safety equipment. When we went rollerblading at centre parks, you got helmets, knee pads and wrist brace thingies. You felt a bit silly, but it made falling over pretty much painless.

One thing you notice is that there's people taking to the ice that don't seem to do much physical activity normally, so it's not that surprising lots of em are getting beaten up.

Archived