The Lord Street Old Bus Station Site Saga Continues

bishbashbosh

My money is on the Sefton group somehow sneaking in with the preferred tender and erecting "Exciting new 4* hotel development coming soon" signage but continuing to run it as a carpark until the Government give them a grant to do something.

The above business plan may also be substituted for the Castle Mona / Summerland / Walpole Ave Sites

My money is on the Sefton group somehow sneaking in with the preferred tender and erecting "Exciting new 4* hotel development coming soon" signage but continuing to run it as a carpark until the Government give them a grant to do something.

The above business plan may also be substituted for the Castle Mona / Summerland / Walpole Ave Sites

LOL, brilliant - we're on to them!

I wonder which will be built on first. The bus station or the Summerland site.

Place your bets........

Not so much a race between the tortoise and the hare, but just two tortoises.

Edited by bishbashbosh

I would have thought the Sefon Group should consider doing something with the Castle Mona Hotel first. Or have we all forgotten about that one?

Perhaps a druggie is being sought to burn it down or something. You know how these things tend to go.

That is a prime development site, but unless somebody wants to develop it it will stay as it it is.

Why was the IOMSPC building knocked down? There must have been a good reason, like it was falling down, kind of thing.

Weren't they going to build some 7 storey glass building with confrencing facilities? I'm seeing a theme here...

There were plans to move the bus station to the Sea Terminal, which i think would be an ideal place - sheltered waiting area, shop units, cafe, taxi rank, ferry terminal, welcome centre.

Not only that, but there are even toilets in the premises - something that got destroyed when the original bus station was demolished. Now you see everyone waiting out in the cold and wet with their legs crossed.

Besides, it would be far too sensible - it would make it too easy for people to catch a bus to/from the ferry (if only there were buses that early or that late).