Tv Licence Inspector On The Iom

MilitantDogOwner

>So bearing in mind Mrs TBT doesn't require the services of Capita, is she right to refuse all contact or would you suggest otherwise? And if so, what might that suggestion be?

Anyone?
TBT

I used to get the letters for years and just ignored them. Had one of those goons knock on the door once and he got as far as saying TV lic.... before the door slammed shut again. From my experience, you can ignore them.

I'm also one of the people who do not watch live TV. Can't see the point of wasting time sitting on the couch. I just pick the bits I want at a later time and watch them online. I even told the TV goons that when I phoned them, but it must have gotten lost in "the database" (remember those ads?). Threatening letters kept coming. I find them appalling and as a matter of principle would never let one of those busybodies into my house.

• Replies 574
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And even with a warrant the choice still lies with the householder to grant access or not

Tell that to the copper who will be serving the warrant. Of course if they arrive with a warrant and no copper then I think you are right.

I've had a TV licence for the past 32 years since I got married and left my parents house.

I did have a problem with them for five years where I paid for a licence, they sent me a licence, and then they started chasing me with threatening letters and visits to my house for not haveing a licence. As mentioned, this went on for FIVE YEARS. It finally stopped when I told the I was going to make a complaint against them under the data protection act as they were obviously incapable of keeping accurate data.

This resulted in a letter of apology from them as posted in another TV licence thread http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/8188-tv-licence/?p=110689

My current issue with them is that I moved home just over a year ago. I transferred the licence and told them that the previous address was now unoccupied, didn't have a television (I took it with me) and therefore didn't need to be licenced.

All was OK for a few months and then they started chasing the "Legal Occupier" at that address. I assume they want to check that the address is still unoccopied but I'd have thought that the complete lack of an answer to any of their calls or letters to that addresss would show them that. After the hassle they caused me in the past I don't really feel inclined to help them.

Capita follow my YouTube channel but they'll never come near my house after what happened to the last goon they sent.

They can come again though, I certainly wouldn't complain about it. Slamming doors in their faces is my forte! See I know how to deal with harassers, some people don't. Some people fall for the pseudo authority these goons portray.

Never let one of those lowlifes into your house. Simple.

Capita follow my YouTube channel but they'll never come near my house after what happened to the last goon they sent.

They can come again though, I certainly wouldn't complain about it. Slamming doors in their faces is my forte! See I know how to deal with harassers, some people don't. Some people fall for the pseudo authority these goons portray.

Never let one of those lowlifes into your house. Simple.

YouTube channel!! w00t.gif This is obviously your hobby. Takes all sorts I suppose.

Yeah ridiculing the impotency of TVL is a kind of a hobby. Thing is TVL provide so much material to take the piss out of it's hard not to bite sometimes.

There was however nothing funny about what the scum did in this video.

Just listen to the uneducated copper telling this lady she could go to prison for no tv licence!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnBjjeQgyZk

And before anyone jumps to conclusions as to whether the victim here is an evader I can tell you she isn't.

Yeah ridiculing the impotency of TVL is a kind of a hobby. Thing is TVL provide so much material to take the piss out of it's hard not to bite sometimes.

Just listen to the uneducated copper telling this lady she could go to prison for no tv licence!

And before anyone jumps to conclusions as to whether the victim here is an evader I can tell you she isn't.

Do you know what happened after this video,was any prosecution brought ,was the police officers role or advice called into question?

Do you know what happened after this video,was any prosecution brought ,was the police officers role or advice called into question?

Not as yet. They have 6 months from the date of the incident to bring a prosecution for intentional obstruction of the search warrant IF they decide to be any more vindictive than they already have been towards their victim. Time will tell if they decide this course of action.

Yes you did.

And no you don't have to let a meter reader into your home same as you don't have to let some two bit BBC subcontractor into your home.

Thats very true, however your next bill will be an estimate, then you`ll wish you let the meter reader in..

What you don't know is if this is a full and incomplete record of the events. It seemed to stop and start a few times.*

I wasn't aware that failing to give your name and that confirming you lived at the address constituted obstruction though (you have the right to remain silent etc). However all this for <£3 a week? That said, I wonder what the evidence presented to the magistrate actually was. I bet it was "not a lot".

Archived