By-election In Peel - Time To Be Counted

Paul_Peel

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Probably best if I don't express my feelings about Davidson, don't want the forum admins getting in trouble.

I'll say it if nobody else will.

His chocolate orange ice cream is disappointing at best.

Not only that but he uses actual Pooh Bears in his "Pooh Bear" ice cream. One time he even left the little red jumpers on them, adding a strangely raspberry flavoured red swirl to the mix.

Add to that the vile "Brown Bread" flavour he did a few years back and its plain to see this man is unfit to lead!

No manifesto? Does that include you

No, as I am not one of the people standing

Sorry. Was it not you who started this thread saying that you were going to stand?

Chickened out then did you when you realised that its not as simple as sitting on your arse and using the internet to get the required number of supporters?

His big mistake was asking the opinions of forum users who prefer to sit on their arse and using the internet to slag everything off. That's enough to dishearten even the most ambitious person.

If you'd have got Neil to re-instate Timothy Taylors Landlord Bitter at the Whitey I'd have signed your piece of paper. But then again I don't live in Peel so it wouldn't have done you much good.

How about going for EU president? (Sorry, bit of a flaw with that one as well)

The Landlord is back in the house!

That's good news. I'll be making a trip to the Wild West soon then.

Paul,

Manifesto's take time to write and to have printed. It then takes a considerable amount of time to get it out to over 3,000 households, I would expect them to be out shortly though.

I hope that there is a public meeting where all 4 candidates can be quizzed on their proposals for the town, though to date have heard nothing of this being organised, it is usually Manxs Radio that does it.

Manifesto's take time to write and to have printed. It then takes a considerable amount of time to get it out to over 3,000 households, I would expect them to be out shortly though.

I hope that there is a public meeting where all 4 candidates can be quizzed on their proposals for the town, though to date have heard nothing of this being organised, it is usually Manxs Radio that does it.

Indeed they do, and the first one has arrived today, and very well argued it is too.

I also agree that a public meeting is an excellent idea.

Indeed they do, and the first one has arrived today, and very well argued it is too.

I also agree that a public meeting is an excellent idea.

I have also seen the first maifesto, some good points but also some inaccuracies, the prom wall is a DOT cost not ratepayer, there is a housing officer so no need for a town support officer, diagonal parking is part of the traffic plan which is in the consultation phase so not really new and the sewage side the waste water is proposed to go out of a sea outfall, either a new one or the existing one. I am interested in the break in the outfall pipe and if true I hope this will be investigated further.

There is a chance to listen to the candidates on Manx Radio, this Thursday 6pm on Roger Watterson's perspective programme, where the manifesto's and the ability to discuss items before the town will be given. Unfortunately I don't think there will be a public meeting for candidates to be quizzed from the floor, I have been advised that this is saved for the general election.

I look forward to seeing the other 3 manifesto's and how they fare on Thursday.

Archived