Quarterbridge Roundabout - So Who's In The Wrong?

manxy

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Both parties as they should have been cycling then none of this would have happened.

Although seriously I would have to say car B, seen as they hit car A. But it doesn't matter what we think it's down to your insurer to make the decision, and they have.

Although seriously I would have to say car B, seen as they hit car A.

Car B hit car A's front bumper.

It sounds more like Car A hit Car B to me, even though Car B probably shouldn't have pulled out.

Ah I missed that bit, in which case it seems like both drivers are equally to blame. B should have looked before pulling out, A shouldn't have been doing a U turn when the round about was busy, 5 minutes to go round Pulrose would have saved everyone a hell of a lot of time and stress.

Ah I missed that bit, in which case it seems like both drivers are equally to blame. B should have looked before pulling out, A shouldn't have been doing a U turn when the round about was busy,

Car B has performed an illegal manouvre - pulling out from a give way when another vehicle had right of way - and collided with car A which was performing a legal (though possibly annoying to some) road manouvre. How is that so difficult to understand?

No wonder the roundabouts on the island are so dangerous - it seems that no f***er here understands how to use one safely and correctly.

No wonder the roundabouts on the island are so dangerous - it seems that no f***er here understands how to use one safely and correctly.

You're looking at it from a simplistic, black and white purely legal position. Car B may well, on paper, be legally at fault. However, Car A has demonstrated poor judgement and probably could and should have avoided the collision. The latter should therefore share some of the blame.

You're looking at it from a simplistic, black and white purely legal position.

Could it be that car B was a police car?

Ah I missed that bit, in which case it seems like both drivers are equally to blame. B should have looked before pulling out, A shouldn't have been doing a U turn when the round about was busy,

Car B has performed an illegal manouvre - pulling out from a give way when another vehicle had right of way - and collided with car A which was performing a legal (though possibly annoying to some) road manouvre. How is that so difficult to understand?

I understand the way a roundabout work no issue there.

But as a result of knowing how they work, or not over here, I would have elected to spend 5 minutes of my precious time going round Pulrose, rather than performing a perfectly legal but unexpected manoeuvre on one of the most, to some at least, confusing junctions on the island.

As such the insurers are correct in this case and both parties are responsible.

The OP asked for an honest opinion, that I have given.

You're looking at it from a simplistic, black and white purely legal position.

Could it be that car B was a police car?

Not a chance, it is nowhere near a kebab shop/free coffee outlet.

As such the insurers are correct in this case and both parties are responsible.

No, if car B had been driven correctly, with due care and attention, they would have noticed Car A performing a legal, if unexpected manouvre and would not have then performed an illegal manouvre, thus causing an accident. "Now look what you made me do!" is no defence.

Really... is it that hard to work out? GIVE WAY TO THE RIGHT. The car went legally around the roundabout and the other car pulled out in front of the car coming from the right. The guy coming down the hill is in the wrong.... like it or lump it. Yes it probably caught him out and wasn't expecting it - but thats tough. The guy going around the roundabout can go round it ten times if he wants (although a smack in the mouth might follow).

The insurance company are taking the easy way out. I know, my other half works for one.

Archived