Sefton Group

cheeky boy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the value of some of the properties like the Golf Links and The Castle Mona, they'd surely be able to raise any finance they need. However, they may not wish do run them as Hotels.... In which case it's whole different kettle of fish isn't it? Who knows...

Given the value of some of the properties like the Golf Links and The Castle Mona...

Only if they can obtain planning permission for flats there, otherwise I would suggest the value is zero.

Would I give planning to convert the Golf Links into flats? Yes, if they are built to a very high standard.

The regeneration pot is only something like £8m. Whilst that's a lot of money to the man on the street its not much in the world of business and development.

There will be considerably less that by the time all the consultants have taken their cut.

The Golf Links could be used as a hotel, with some professional promotion golfers from all over the world (especially the corporate market) could be offered all inclusive golfing weekends, cheaper flights these days, easy transfers, Callows yard nearby, someone must be able to make it viable :D

The Golf Links could be used as a hotel, with some professional promotion golfers from all over the world (especially the corporate market) could be offered all inclusive golfing weekends, cheaper flights these days, easy transfers, Callows yard nearby, someone must be able to make it viable :D

Mmmm, if I was a golfist I'm not too sure I'd choose Portugal, etc. over the Isle of Man for a golf holiday.

Given the value of some of the properties like the Golf Links and The Castle Mona...

Only if they can obtain planning permission for flats there, otherwise I would suggest the value is zero.

Would I give planning to convert the Golf Links into flats? Yes, if they are built to a very high standard.

The Golf Links has got value as high quality residential ( flats) development, but the Castle Mona is just a liability.

Even if it were converted to flats they would cost a fortune to build within the existing structure and no-one is going to pay big money to live in a noisy area surrounded by lodging houses

Mmmm, if I was a golfist I'm not too sure I'd choose Portugal, etc. over the Isle of Man for a golf holiday.

Dunno though. Castletown is one of the best links courses in Britain, plus Ireland does very nicely out of golfing holidays. I agree that there's loads of potential in developing the Golf Links.

If only a hotel group owned it.

Dunno though. Castletown is one of the best links courses in Britain, plus Ireland does very nicely out of golfing holidays. I agree that there's loads of potential in developing the Golf Links.

If only a hotel group owned it.

I've been golfing in Ireland a few times, and will definitely go again lots. The difference there of course is you can play a different course of a very high standard each day. The only course worth coming to the island for is Castletown. The others are OK, but Castletown really is in a different class. It's a shame to see it going the way it is, derelict clubhouse, suppliers won't deal with the pro shop as their bills weren't paid, members are jumping ship all the time. It's almost as if they don't want it to be a golf course.

Archived