Sefton Group

cheeky boy

Leveraging may be a problem with selling any of the Sefton properties. Said to be ~£ 30mil recently. Wasn't a govt employee involved in Nunnery ltd at one time?

However, if GFL is ill, all this is conjecture.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That seems like a venture doomed to failure then.

They must be spending a good few £100k on that at a time when revenues from bars is at an all time low. I hope it succeeds as it would be pretty handy for work but I can't see how it can be viable.

Hmmmm. I popped into the deeds registry out of idle curiosity.

The Sefton Group bought that building for £3m from a company called Post House Hotel Limited. Post House's sole shareholder was Nunnery Limited whose registered office is at the Golf Links and GFL was a director.

Looks like someone has offloaded their property to the Sefton before they retired :whistling:

Sometimes we miss Roly.

Leveraging may be a problem with selling any of the Sefton properties. Said to be ~£ 30mil recently. Wasn't a govt employee involved in Nunnery ltd at one time?

What difference does it make if he's ill?! How we'd all love to say more but only Roly dared - and look what happened to him.

What difference does it make if he's ill?! How we'd all love to say more but only Roly dared - and look what happened to him.

Quoting - source as under

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2004/nov/12/davidleigh

the self-governing island's idiosyncratic laws,
what one media lawyer calls the Isle of Man's neanderthal approach to libel
an unflattering light on the Isle of Man's attitude to free speech: it has no equivalent of the 1981 English law protecting journalists from revealing sources, and has failed to bring into force its own Human Rights Act, despite passing one three years ago under pressure from the UK.

Sounds interesting where about's on Circular Road is it going? Would be nice to have a decent coffee shop along that road.

It's the old post office hq isn't it? The one that's currently getting turned inside out?

The same facebrick monstrosity that was voted ugliest new building in Britain when it was completed

I heard they had plans for some kind of gentlemens club in there, they must be fucking bonkers

It's not the nicest building - but then, so few in Douglas are! I'm sure it was gutted and tarted up inside about two years ago?

Who was Roly and what happened to him?

Who was Roly and what happened to him?

Edit: just read Guardian link - thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Archived