Tt Visitor Crash Log

oscarmike

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am very much in favour of the TT and the visitors it brings (quite happy to take there £, € and $). However the way in which some locals and visitors treat the roads, is in a way that is their own personal race track. Heading towards Peel on the A1 on Monday night, heading up to Glen Lough where they have brought down the speed limit. I was overtaken on two separate occasions by UK bikes, going far to fast whilst other road users and I were sticking to the speed limit. They certainly responded to my horn though, slowed right down. :) Though on a serious note, it doesn't surprise me that we are seeing so many stupid crashes.

Oscarmike you have gone silent or hopefully there has been no more RTA’s since your last post. I for one have found your posts informative, and even if the cunning detectives have sussed your source not everyone does Twitter of Face Book I don’t so thanks for re-transmitting the information.

Cheers

It's worth creating a Twitter, just for using it as a news feed; you don't have to even post anything.

Road closed between Ballig and Barregarrow.

thank you for posting I thought I was the only one that could see the benefit in this thread

i can't do it all myself

13:05 TEMPORARY STOP ON TRAFFIC AT RAMSEY HAIRPIN FOR VEHICLE RECOVERY

AND FENCE REPAIR ON MOUNTAIN MILE

I suppose anyone sat at home watching all the tweets keeps people off the road :lol:

Just play spot the wanker i.e. those people reading Twitter on their iphone/blackberry/smartphone while they drive. Same fuckers who text and drive.

Yep, it really was the whole pro-TT brigade. As one.

I didn't write whole, but okay my mistake, a few individuals. Happy now?

(I'm pro TT btw)

Fair enough, apologies for being arsey. I've seen one or two on here who love to jump on the most moronic pro-TT arguments that they can find and then act like it's the view of all of those in the pro-tt camp, whilst ignoring any sensible input from other pro-TT posters. Not you obviously!

to help highlight the danger spots to the visiting bikers

i bet less than 1% of visiting bikers have an MF login. but this thread will either be very long after a fortnight, or closed soon.

To be honest, stuff the visiting bikers, this thread is useful for residents who want to avoid the annual carnage and accidents.

Shit the bed, I agree with you.....

For me who has to go a fair way around the course to get home, because of one way mountain, this thread is perfect for me so I am aware whats about on the way home from work (as an hour to get from Onchan to Michael in this traffic has pushed the 6'0clock limit so far this week so advanced planning is required!!! - my hat there is some traffic on the roads). All radio websites, facebook and twitter are on the work internet no go areas, and the Isle of Man today website has news from 3 weeks ago - they are not too hot for keeping up to date..so this "ambulance chasing" thread is ideal for me.

Archived