Property Sales

Pierrot Lunaire

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We've got enough 'rich' old people bleeding our NHS without encouraging more of them over! Wouldn't people moving from the UK have to have medical insurance to live here coz of the reciprocal health deal?

Personally, I'm in favour of relaxing planning to let folk build themselves mansions but I can't help thinking how vile it would be if some company like Dandara were to build more of 'that style' of mansion house, you know, 4 houses crammed together with a patch of grass to the front and back, mock Georgian facade and a water feature in the entrance hall. There's a dead interesting house being built in the Aragon area you can see it from the Blackboards bend, I wouldn't want to live in a house like that but it would be ace to go and look at it, I might have to take a wrong turn up their driveway sometime, call in for a cup of chai.

I think the rich come overs would probably pay for their treatment under their private health schemes. I dont think that they would be a burden on the NHS.

You need to get out a take a look a some of the elegant (not including the round house in Santon :-)) properties which are currently being developed.

The type of "rich" the island attracts does not believe in Private Medical Insurance, they "Have paid their taxes" and want it all back in state funded services.

The island only attracts the "tight" rich, not the free spending type, has always been the same, they come here to save a bit on their tax bill and are not willing to part with any of their money it they can possibly help it.

Oh and back on topic, house prices are falling after inflation is taken into account and they will continue to do so until the market adjusts enough that First Time Buyers can actually afford to buy a house that is big enough to start a family.

The type of "rich" the island attracts does not believe in Private Medical Insurance, they "Have paid their taxes" and want it all back in state funded services.

The island only attracts the "tight" rich, not the free spending type, has always been the same, they come here to save a bit on their tax bill and are not willing to part with any of their money it they can possibly help it.

Oh and back on topic, house prices are falling after inflation is taken into account and they will continue to do so until the market adjusts enough that First Time Buyers can actually afford to buy a house that is big enough to start a family.

Gracious, Blade Runner, surely you're not suggesting that the Chief Minister's central plank policy of attracting HNWI to the Island might not work?! It has to work, look at all the money and publicity that's getting thrown at it! Build your houses anywhere you fancy and just lob your money into our shops, you'll be our saviours! Surely you can't doubt that for a policy?!

Allan should take you to a glacier and flail your bare back with a handful of birch twigs for your lack of faith (he might get a kick out of it at the same time.....) wink.png

Just sold my house! :-)

How long had it been on the market Spermann ?

My sister sold her house b4 xmas was on market for 1 maybe 2 months at most.

got what they asked for and that was a lump more than thay paid for 2 years b4.

Just brought a bigger place and got the price knocked down a lot, less than what the person had brought that for 3 years b4. to be fair wants a bit of work but not a lot.

swings and roundabouts

• 2 weeks later...

It seems IOM property might be over-valued. Whoever would have guessed....? http://www.manxradio...d.aspx?id=57945

What I'm seeing is new listings being more realistically priced than those which are already on the market. In fact comparing two well-known estate agents one would think they were selling on two different Islands such is the difference in price.

Anyway, as a buyer later this year & on behalf of those who can't afford the fantasy island house prices - bring it on!

as a buyer later this year

I take it you'll be settling in or about Ramsey? Much superior to anywhere else on this Island.

Of course, where else? I was thinking the middle of Parliament street would be the finest location on the Island.

Archived