Property Sales

Pierrot Lunaire

I have a better idea for Estate Agents...get rid of the lot of them and make them do a proper days work instead. Overcharging leaches on society adding nothing to humanity, and part responsible for the credit crunch in my book.

Hopefully the Interweb, simplified conveyencing, realistic surveying prices and public empowered house selling/purchasing will one day soon see them all extinct.

• Replies 656
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a better idea for Estate Agents...get rid of the lot of them and make them do a proper days work instead. Overcharging leaches on society adding nothing to humanity, and part responsible for the credit crunch in my book.

Hopefully the Interweb, simplified conveyencing, realistic surveying prices and public empowered house selling/purchasing will one day soon see them all extinct.

There are good ones out there - e.g. Cowley Groves, worth every penny.

I have a better idea for Estate Agents...get rid of the lot of them and make them do a proper days work instead.

I suspect that they are part of that grouping we have with us always "death, taxes and ladies of the night" + estate agents

Speaking of groupings we will always be forced to deal with who is the best lawyer to deal with a property purchase nowadays?

When selling my mother's house earlier this year I used the same advocates who have always dealt with my family's affairs for over 60 years, they were able to dig out documents from their archives which does help.

If you're in the North I can suggest Dickinson and Cruickshank in Ramsey, 812107.

IMO go local - you'll find youself popping in on a regular basis.

It seems that you are correct. It appears that Appleby has only taken over the Athol Street headquarters of DC.

"Appleby, one of the largest and most respected offshore legal, fiduciary and administration service providers in the world, is committed to serving the needs of our valued clients. We offer unmatched access to expertise and choice of jurisdictions and are the only firm with offices in the key offshore jurisdictions of Bermuda, the British Virgin Islands, the Cayman Islands, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, Mauritius and the Seychelles as well as offices in the financial centres of Bahrain, Hong Kong, London and Zurich."

• 1 month later...

Appleby have probably looked into the Ramsey Office and with certain current affairs do not want to 'go there'.

Back on topic, I wonder what, in classic Estate Agent speak does "THE property market is unlikely to pick up significantly in 2012" actually mean

IoMToday

Even for the usually bullish estate agents, this report is particularly gloomy.

Appleby have probably looked into the Ramsey Office and with certain current affairs do not want to 'go there'.

Back on topic, I wonder what, in classic Estate Agent speak does "THE property market is unlikely to pick up significantly in 2012" actually mean

IoMToday

Yes I agree, although a bit of reality is sometimes good, I didn't think it was their remit to paint a bad picture. I wonder if Creane is on his way out to retirement?

It means that no-one in their right mind would relocate or is relocating to the IOM at present. Same all over Europe with a few minor exceptions such as London. Given the stupid prices of Manx property I think a nice long decline in prices is to be expected.

The Ramsey office is where is main owners / advocates are located I believe.

It means that no-one in their right mind would relocate or is relocating to the IOM at present. Same all over Europe with a few minor exceptions such as London. Given the stupid prices of Manx property I think a nice long decline in prices is to be expected.

Not while interest rates remain so low. Having cash in the current low interest situation is not very efficient.

Not while interest rates remain so low. Having cash in the current low interest situation is not very efficient.

I'll say a 15% decline in asking prices in 2012, maybe even 25% in the 300k+ market.

I'll say a 15% decline in asking prices in 2012, maybe even 25% in the 300k+ market.

You seem to be on a one man mission to talk the market down! You've been banging on about it for years.

Archived