I Hear It Happens At Marine Drive When You Leave Your Disguarded Pants Hanging Around As Well ...

localyokel

Wander around with your kecks off for a few minutes and look what happens:

http://www.manxradio.com/newsread.aspx?id=61381

Why would a commissioner think this would dissuade people from visiting Laxey in future? Does he think anyone else would be this stupid? Iphone, keys and wallet left in an abandoned pair of pants on a beach and he's surprised they got nicked!

Wander around with your kecks off for a few minutes and look what happens:

http://www.manxradio...d.aspx?id=61381

Why would a commissioner think this would dissuade people from visiting Laxey in future? Does he think anyone else would be this stupid? Iphone, keys and wallet left in an abandoned pair of pants on a beach and he's surprised they got nicked!

He's not a commissioner. He's the clerk - a paid official.

He's not a commissioner. He's the clerk - a paid official.

The one and only paid official. No empire building in the small authorities.

Chap down Port Erin has just retired from his empire and his commissioners and his ratepayers.

It's very easy for us to say he got what he was asking for, but in reality why shouldn't he be able to leave his trolleys unattended? Why shouldn't he be able to leave his car keys in the car and why shouldn't he be able to leave his back door unlocked (no innuendo intended btw).

This sounds like a more than opportunist theft. I mean if I found a pair of apparently discarded pants on a beach, I'd be reluctant to touch them until I was sure why they were where they were. Someone may have had an "accident" for example. This sounds like he was being watched.

Archived