50+ Cars Vandalised Last Night.

jim

how stupid some people are for not having the ability to repaint their cars themselves

Who said that? Pointing out that the somewhat ludicrous suggestion that the poor sods who have suffered this damage can easily rectify it themselves is hardly suggesting that if you don't have the equipment or premises you're stupid. Or did you mean something else?

PS Thread creep is good. You can learn all sorts.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think one or two on here are on a wind up mission saying spray painting is easy.The old building trade saying of "if you can piss etc etc" refers to brush application to property which is easy. Proper vehicle spray painting now requires a minimum of 3 spray guns (one for the primer(s), one for the basecoat and one for the clearcoat), an airfed mask and a compressor big enough to run both (at least 25 cfm which usually means a 3 phase supply not found in domestic properties). The premises require positive vapour extraction again which the average back street Douglas garage won't have

You just build up the layers??? ha ha you'll be telling us next that you can be a dentist if you have a black and decker.

No, you really don't need all of those things. Unless of course you are doing it professionally. And I speak from experience. If you can't do it, fair enough. Some people can just do stuff I suppose. I'm one of those people. And at a guess so is thebees. I'll have a go at your teeth if you like. Although you won't find a Black and Decker product amongst my gear. I'm more into Makita myself. Extraction is it? No problem... ; ))

lol, your post count is low and if that is a picture of you, er, er, er, er, er well, I don't mean to be rude but I think you need to look at your diet (as a starting point).

It was a parody of your point.

It surprises me very little that you didn't catch that.

Oh dear god, you really are beyond being a whopper, aren't you Helix? The paint on the car, does it make it go faster? does it make the engine turn? So.......does it matter?

I wonder, do you apply the same logic to the appearance of your house? Your clothes? Yourself?

Some people like to take care of their things, and take pride in their things.

Other people are kinda slobby. :)

I see clothes as serving a purpose of giving comfort and warmth I feel quite sorry for people who have to wear ridiculous clothes to be in fashion, dear young men, those jeans with the skinny legs, they make you look like you messed yourself when you walk...dear girl, those jeans might have been better 3 sizes bigger. Our house is ace but, as I've said before, I'm not worried about the vandalism on the back wall in the lane, so long as the house is secure and provides a comfortable and pleasant environment, I'm happy. I look after my Clarinet really well, it's over 50 years old and if I didn't look after it properly it would no longer serve its useful purpose. So yeah, I do apply that logic to most things - ahhh what a relief I'm not slobby. :)

I see clothes as serving a purpose of giving comfort and warmth I feel quite sorry for people who have to wear ridiculous clothes to be in fashion, dear young men, those jeans with the skinny legs, they make you look like you messed yourself when you walk...dear girl, those jeans might have been better 3 sizes bigger. Our house is ace but, as I've said before, I'm not worried about the vandalism on the back wall in the lane, so long as the house is secure and provides a comfortable and pleasant environment, I'm happy. I look after my Clarinet really well, it's over 50 years old and if I didn't look after it properly it would no longer serve its useful purpose. So yeah, I do apply that logic to most things - ahhh what a relief I'm not slobby. smile.png

This isn't akin to fashionable clothes, it's akin to replacing clothes when you slop staining substances all over them.

You'd happily have your house covered in splotches and looking tatty if the inside was fine and it kept the weather out? I think you may need to reasses whether you're a slob or not.

Archived