50+ Cars Vandalised Last Night.

jim

I can sort of understand (though not condone) a drunkard kicking a wing mirror off in the heat of the moment but this must have taken quite a bit of thought (or at least what constitutes thought in that kind of imbecile).

I hope they are caught and made to pay every penny of the costs of the damage however long it takes. Hopefully they have a few outstanding parking tickets as well so their car can be taken.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Port Erin does seem to house a lower form of scum than most villages, I dont know why its like that as its a pleasant enough place in the day.

I can imagine that there are some pretty angry car owners down south ATM. I know if it was my car it would sicken me, really sicken me.

Yes, you can have damage like that, repaired by the body-shop but the car is never the same really, after something like that.

If you like cars and not just view them as a form of transport, you will know what I mean.

courtesy of QT: What's more chickenshit than fucking with a man's automobile? I mean, you just don't fuck with another man's vehicle. They should be fucking killed. No trial, no jury, straight to execution.

I pray you are only on holiday on the Island , but I fear the worst.

QT is Quentin Tarantino. The quote is from Pulp Fiction, possibly my all time favourite film.

Port Erin does seem to house a lower form of scum than most villages,

Really? How do you come to that conclusion.

Furthermore, it appears you know the individuals who did this since yu assume that since the incidents occurred in both PSM and PE that the perpetrators must therefore come from the same villages. Spill the beans, Colombo.

Quentin Tarantino is quite excellent. Terrible thing to have happened to those cars, I doubt the people who did it thought about it much before they did it but I'm sure they'll feel really bad about it in years to come so, they haven't really got away with it.

If I was a detective I would check all the cars in the south for traces of the stuff inside, there can't be that many cars down there....surely? :)....maybe this kind of thought is why I am not a detective.

You could probably remove all the 'pooh' from Port Erin just by taking out one family.

So what actually happened to these cars? I believe they had corrosive liquids poured on them, so does that mean someone has walked around the place doing it or drove around doing it!

Has the Police analysed the liquid to see where it may have come from?

Has Port Erin got any CCTV around?

Surely someone knows something considering the large amount of damage.

I would possibly believe that whoever the perpetrator/s are, and if they are of supposed adult age they could possibly face a custodial sentence for this one.

LT

Our car was 'done'. Plod knocked on the door at about 10.30pm and explained - suggested that we might want to wash it off pronto.

It looked similar to BBQ lighter fluid - thick, gloopy white stuff (whatever.gif ). It washed-off reasonably easily, and TBH we were lucky in that the car was so dirty that it just seemed to take the wax off and had perhaps started on the lacquer. 30 minutes car shampoo, T-Cut and then a good coat of wax and this morning, you can't tell anything happened. Maybe we were lucky in that they had run out of the green stuff and had moved on to the lighter fluid - I didn't try getting the matches or burgers to find out.

When plod was explaining I had visions of Nitromors-style bubbling paint, so I was quite relieved.

It must have taken a while do to 50 cars - so somebody must have spotted something.

Edited to correct 10.30am to 10.30pm!

I have no idea but....this is what I made up after hearing the news....some tweens were mucking about in their dads garage, one of them is a farmer (coz they always can drive before their allowed) they found a pile of nitomors and loaded a squirt gun with it (this could not really happen because the gun being plastic would dissolve with the paint stripper...unless ofc it was not nitromors but that is for inspector cludoless, not me)

Ha! I have just had a wicked plan, lets see if Manx Forums can solve the crime before the police.....

what do we think about the people who did it?

Micky - so glad to hear that at least you got a good result - hope others of the 50 affected did too.

R2D2 - you didn't get the hang of this thread lark did you. It's about vandalised cars, not favourite movies.

these pieces of shit need to be birched. the poor motorist will suffer higher premiums whilst these scum abortions will get a slap on the wrist. the MHKs should start making an example of these chavs and finally give them some consequence of their actions. we are far too soft with these people. name these pieces of shit and let the island know who is responsible for the problems in our society

Birched? You are nuts. It is a fucking car (or 50) get over it. Batter someone coz they scratched your car....your right in the head...

It's 50 cars. That's vandalism and disregard for other peoples' property on quite an impressive scale, so I can understand calls for the birch - and indeed had those individuals carried out such act in, say, Singapore, then that's exactly what would have come their way - well, a cane instead of a birch but the message is the same. Funnily enough, Singapore has a super low crime rate.

I trust the braindead scumbags behind this will be caught and sincerely hope that not only will they earn a stay in Jurby, but will also be made to pay every penny of the damage and costs they have caused.

Archived