Onch Main Road

Maxmann

Strange.............Onchan now up and running on permanent traffic signals, no more delays, absolutely lovely job all round and delivered on time, very professional and no one says a dickie bird?

I would have thought someone on this forum would have something to say. Personally, along with the new Royal Apartments I think the centre of Onchan looks amazing. It seems odd though that there is nothing mentioned on IoMToday or any of the radio websites.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's quite easy to finish on time when you allow yourselves a time not too far short of eternity to complete the job. ;)

It does look fine, but again so it should. I'm sure it would have looked entirely satisfactory with poured Tarmac pavements with decent kerbstones at a fraction of the cost and time of laying block paving.

However, not the fault of the workers. It's the decision makers behind these schemes which carry the blame.

Oh, and the traffic lights are splendid! Definitely the best part........

Ah, but think of the longevity, long term benefits which in the grand scheme of things would drastically reduce costs, sure the initial outlay is more but factor in maintenance and "life expectancy" then it makes perfect sense.

However, thank you for your positive comments as public servants to the tax payers we do aim to please.

Ah, but think of the longevity, long term benefits which in the grand scheme of things would drastically reduce costs, sure the initial outlay is more but factor in maintenance and "life expectancy" then it makes perfect sense.

However, thank you for your positive comments as public servants to the tax payers we do aim to please.

Isn't this a part of the "regeneration scheme".

I'm told that the whole of strand street is to be resurfaced in granite and too date "they" have spent something over one million on the regeneration schemes on the island out of the eight million approved by Mr Bell, but it ain't going to be enough.

I'm told that the whole of strand street is to be resurfaced in granite and too date "they" have spent something over one million on the regeneration schemes on the island out of the eight million approved by Mr Bell, but it ain't going to be enough.

To be honest regarding the decisions/finances of the Regeneration Schemes is an area I have very little knowledge of so I couldn't possibly comment.

It looks great Matt.

Now how long will it be before a gas/electric whatever pipe is needed that will involve cutting the new tarmac up?

You tinker, you had me there, I read the first four words and felt proud to read such glowing comments...............then I fell when I read the rest, ah well, I should've known "pride comes before a fall" xmas.gif

To be honest regarding the decisions/finances of the Regeneration Schemes is an area I have very little knowledge of so I couldn't possibly comment.

I was told by the lady who is running the scheme, whose name escapes me .

Matt,firstly stop sending me personal messages.Secondly Onchan village was a rolls royce project not needed in hard up times.Ask the shops in Onchan if the village has been regenerated whilst the road works have been on.So people are going to flock to Onchan to see the granite kerbs?Unfortunately now this one is near completition no doubt there will be another grandoise project on the cards.

Matt,firstly stop sending me personal messages.Secondly Onchan village was a rolls royce project not needed in hard up times.Ask the shops in Onchan if the village has been regenerated whilst the road works have been on.So people are going to flock to Onchan to see the granite kerbs?Unfortunately now this one is near completition no doubt there will be another grandoise project on the cards.

The reason I sent you a PM was so that you didn't feel humiliated because you make wild and unfounded assumptions; you know, like a child does when it sees something it doesnt understand, then like good parents the child gets corrected, well this is what i do to you. So, I gather if you don't want to come across as a child then feel free to ask me in a courteous manner as I'm only too happy to help.

I pity you, I really do, it must be horrible to live with so much negativity in your mind it really must be rotting your very soul, would you like me and my children to come and sing some christmas carols or bring round some mince pies? I do hope you find some Christmas cheer to brighten up your otherwise seemingly dreary life......I do still have hope for you, Merry Christmas.

The reason I sent you a PM was so that you didn't feel humiliated because you make wild and unfounded assumptions; you know, like a child does when it sees something it doesnt understand, then like good parents the child gets corrected, well this is what i do to you. So, I gather if you don't want to come across as a child then feel free to ask me in a courteous manner as I'm only too happy to help.

I pity you, I really do, it must be horrible to live with so much negativity in your mind it really must be rotting your very soul, would you like me and my children to come and sing some christmas carols or bring round some mince pies? I do hope you find some Christmas cheer to brighten up your otherwise seemingly dreary life......I do still have hope for you, Merry Christmas.

I do hope you find some Christmas cheer to brighten up your otherwise seemingly dreary life......I do still have hope for you, Merry Christmas.

Make the most of this & the next one, after that the reserves run out and what's left of the DOI will be mending roads with sticky tape and Pollyfilla

Archived