Onch Main Road

Maxmann

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The crossing was not bleeping when it was safe to cross the other day, I hope this is just a blip because I know at least blind people who use those crossings.

Also the green man is on for an incredibly short space of time. I have yet to cross Main Road without it going off before I reach the other side. I only made it half way across the other day with my toddler in tow before it changed.

The crossing was not bleeping when it was safe to cross the other day, I hope this is just a blip because I know at least blind people who use those crossings.

Also the green man is on for an incredibly short space of time. I have yet to cross Main Road without it going off before I reach the other side. I only made it half way across the other day with my toddler in tow before it changed.

The green man is short, this is due to a fairly long "black out" time which still gives red to traffic but neither a green man or a red man, which in turn allows pedestrians to continue crossing if they are on the crossing but deters pedestrians to proceed onto the crossing bearing in mind that a green man serves only as an invitation to cross.

• 2 weeks later...

The green man is short, this is due to a fairly long "black out" time which still gives red to traffic but neither a green man or a red man, which in turn allows pedestrians to continue crossing if they are on the crossing but deters pedestrians to proceed onto the crossing bearing in mind that a green man serves only as an invitation to cross.

After what I seen this afternoon, they really should look at changing the systems soon! Although I found it amusing I'm quite sure the lady crossing the road 'on a green man', who was very nearly knocked down by a motorist going through on 'green lights', isn't very impressed with the current system in place - wasn't close enough to hear what she was saying to the driver, although I'm good at sign language especially the two fingered sort!!

After what I seen this afternoon, they really should look at changing the systems soon! Although I found it amusing I'm quite sure the lady crossing the road 'on a green man', who was very nearly knocked down by a motorist going through on 'green lights', isn't very impressed with the current system in place - wasn't close enough to hear what she was saying to the driver, although I'm good at sign language especially the two fingered sort!!

Trouble is over the years I've witnessed first hand a massive rise in not only "amber gamblers" but also those that go through on red and I don't mean that the lights have just turned red but have been red for a few seconds, there are specific sites where this is more prevalent than others.

In addition green doesn't mean go, it means proceed if it safe to do so, it seems at times that motorists driving habits are a reflection of how society is with itself.

Trouble is over the years I've witnessed first hand a massive rise in not only "amber gamblers" but also those that go through on red and I don't mean that the lights have just turned red but have been red for a few seconds, there are specific sites where this is more prevalent than others.

In addition green doesn't mean go, it means proceed if it safe to do so, it seems at times that motorists driving habits are a reflection of how society is with itself.

I would accept this fact if I hadn't seen what I seen with my own eyes, neither the lady crossing the road was at fault or the driver, from where I was I could see the lights were both on green. Maybe it was simply a glitch of some sort! I'm sure if happened regularly there would be something said before now.

I would accept this fact if I hadn't seen what I seen with my own eyes, neither the lady crossing the road was at fault or the driver, from where I was I could see the lights were both on green. Maybe it was simply a glitch of some sort! I'm sure if happened regularly there would be something said before now.

It's certainly something we will check out, there should never be an occurrence where two conflicting phases be on green at the same time.

It's certainly something we will check out, there should never be an occurrence where two conflicting phases be on green at the same time.

Car coming up from Royal Avenue turning left and pedestrian walking from Royal Buildings to pizza shop! I was outside the church hall and could see both lights!

The lights timing is all to fuck and has been since they were turned on.Cue nice little head scratching gang of four fiddling with sequences saturday/sunday.

Still don't get why the old timing isnt simply re-applied to the new. It worked, now it doesn't. Now when one set of lights goes green, you get to travel 10 yards and stop at the next lights.

Just like the whole of Douglas really!

Crash there today, not sure if it was lights related or if anyone was hurt. When we were waiting to get through at the Manxie with the copper still there, our lights went green and two cars came down from the left after ours went green. Something really fucked up about those lights now, take care going through.

Just like the whole of Douglas really!

Crash there today, not sure if it was lights related or if anyone was hurt. When we were waiting to get through at the Manxie with the copper still there, our lights went green and two cars came down from the left after ours went green. Something really fucked up about those lights now, take care going through.

Went wrong yesterday! Intelligent lights eh!!!

Archived