Pinewood...more Govt Propaganda

Albert Tatlock

http://www.iomtoday....nwald-1-5519211

Why is it when it comes to Pinewood Eddie seems unable to grasp what appears to me to be a very simple question ?

Because he is nowhere near as clever as he likes to think he is.

I am also convinced he has a hufe inferiority complex. Have you notice that when any other Minister answers a written question the question is simply answered. That is not sufficient for Teare though. He has to sign off every answer, not just in plain type but in bold

Hon Eddie Teare ACIB MHK

Minister for the Treasury

Now I very rarely sign off letters with my qulaification etc unless t is specifically required and neither do many of the people I know. When people insist on using titles/qualifications my initial thought is that they have no confidence that their ability/work speak for itself.

• Like 2

Why is it when it comes to Pinewood Eddie seems unable to grasp what appears to me to be a very simple question ?

I am also convinced he has a hufe inferiority complex. Have you notice that when any other Minister answers a written question the question is simply answered. That is not sufficient for Teare though. He has to sign off every answer, not just in plain type but in bold

Hon Eddie Teare ACIB MHK

Now I very rarely sign off letters with my qulaification etc unless t is specifically required and neither do many of the people I know. When people insist on using titles/qualifications my initial thought is that they have no confidence that their ability/work speak for itself.

Not exactly qualifications befitting a Treasury Minister tho hey.

Hon Eddie Teare ACIB MHK

I have just googled the ACIB qualification and it appears that there is quite a bit of work involved to get it.

Fair play to him for passing the exams, I think that exams taken later in life, when you have to put the hours in studying, while you are also in full time employment, often with large financial commitments and/ or children, more indicative of someones commitment to their chosen career.

I don't however, think it should be shown beside his name on correspondence as Treasury Minister. MHK is enough, the banking qualification is totally irrelevant in that position and as has been said above, makes him look a bit insecure.

Blade Runner FCIP

(Fellow Chartered Institute of Players)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Bear in mind BR that if you got the ACIB in 1975 all you have had to do since is pay your fees to keep the letters after your name.

Are you sure? There are CPD requirements to maintain the qualification.

Let's not knock MHKs having professional qualifications... It is quite rare ! LOL

Edited by manx-person

Anyone any idea what Eddie had to say yesterday about the non returned 8 million ?

It appears to be along the lines of

"we have not returned the £8 million as the film fund has not yet earned that money. We hope that in the future that the films will earn £8 Million and if they do we will return those funds"

Basically they appear to have plucked a figure out of thin air and hoped nobody would notice whilst also dressing it up to try and look as if those funds had already been earned. What it cost to earn that this hoped for £8million is anybodies guess.

The Tynwald report is not yet up but I heard Eddie moaning again this morning that if only Beecroft met him to discuss all her questions to be answered. Now whilst the LVP do appear to have a reputaion for not attending presentations or taking things up directly with Ministers in this case I think the real case Eddie does not want this disgused in Tynwald is that it just makes him look a bit more shifty than normal

• Like 1

Thanks, if that motley collection of second tier films ever returns 8 million whilst it sits in the pound store as clearance video I will be truly astounded. Perhaps a précis of his reply should be "I think most of it has gone but wont say so" !!

Mr Teare is demanding of Ms Beecroft - a democratically elected member of our parliament - not to ask questions of him in Tynwald Court but to see him privately in his office

What a disgraceful attitude - the sooner we have freedom of information the better!

• Like 3