Farming Madness

vikingdoom

What the hell were the farmers of this island thinking of? pregnant sheep left out in exposed places when a bloody blizzard is forecast? then whingeing because they find them dead. what the hell did you think was going to happen? how much does a simple shelter cost? if I did that to my dog I would be prosecuted and not allowed to keep any more animals. why are the MSPCA not up in arms about this? Why are these people allowed to keep animals? maybe we should look again at laws to protect animals on his island, and impose stiffer penalties for people who allow this to happen.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They were probably 'thinking' the same as farmers in:

Wales http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-21940646

Northern Ireland http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-21935734

Scotland http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-21933135

and England http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-21938319

Should we send the MSPCA across to deal with them as well?

What the hell were the farmers of this island thinking of? pregnant sheep left out in exposed places when a bloody blizzard is forecast? then whingeing because they find them dead. what the hell did you think was going to happen? how much does a simple shelter cost? if I did that to my dog I would be prosecuted and not allowed to keep any more animals. why are the MSPCA not up in arms about this? Why are these people allowed to keep animals? maybe we should look again at laws to protect animals on his island, and impose stiffer penalties for people who allow this to happen.

+1

Its not like the weather wasnt forecast........one roof collapse is an accident it does not mitigate the inaction of the other farmers who will no doubt be compensated for their loses at tax payers expense.

The forecast from local sources did not forecast the severe extent of the snow, the Met office in the UK did. Farmers were caught out with the snow conditions and I know of farmers who had livestock in numerous fields and were racing against the elements to move livestock to safer areas, remember in most cases its a farmer and his wife/girlfriend trying to round up sheep and move them.

+1

Its not like the weather wasnt forecast........one roof collapse is an accident it does not mitigate the inaction of the other farmers who will no doubt be compensated for their loses at tax payers expense.

Jeez, there are some dumb posters on here tonight.

1. There is considerable dispute about the weather being forecast over here.

2. Even where such weather was definitely predicted - throughout the British Isles - nothing different was done.

3. Why do you believe that some kind of Draconian laws should be introduced into the island to make Manx meat products more expensive than anywhere else and commercially unviable - do you work for Tesco?

@Lonan3

Well in the absence of common sense on all counts, maybe some Draconian laws might be a good idea if it stops all this senseless whinging, death and expense. All for the sake a corrugated bit of shelter.

post-34807-0-03465200-1364345746_thumb.png

And why are the rules different for pet owners???

And why are the rules different for pet owners???

Well it's presumed that a pet (what with being a pet) will live inside your home and therefore get one-to-one attention (for good or ill). Whereas a flock of 200 sheep is a little more difficult to fit in a basket in the utility room.

Archived