Mr News Rent Rises Next Year Council Houses

EORH

Rent rises for Council Houses around £4 a week, and Sheltered Housing £3, so a pensioner on just the state pension gets hit with £4, while Mr Singer MHK on £51,000, gets a £3 rise, now that's how Allan and his Social Care Minster Robertshaw are looking after the old and vulnerable are they.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mr Robertshaw is only being [Robertshaw favourite word alert] 'fair'. We all need to share the pain and all that.

It's just that you lot will need to share the pain first first. Government employees and all that will do a bit of pain, maybe, perhaps later.

Shouldn't efforts be made to bring private rents down instead of increasing Public Housing rents? If Public rents are increased, then sure as eggs... the Private sector will increase their rents in parity.

The alleged deficit on Public Sector Housing is about £20 a week per house, last years increase should have covered this?

Rates are included in the rent.

Price of Fags? Are you saying that Corpy dwellers are not entitled to some of the pleasures of life? Is that the exclusive domain of Mortgage holders? Perhaps mortgage rates should be increased for smokers, afterall, if they can afford to smoke then they can pay that cost in Mortgage interest and give up smoking, can't they?

I also don't understand why agricultural holdings aren't subject to rates at the full rate. That is one tax I believe all should pay as we are paying directly for services.

It should also include holdings belonging to the various sects churches of the Island. They should be taxed like everyone else, too....

I don't understand why public sector tenants don't contribute to rates ?

Err, what? I pay rates.

Ok, but is that factored into rent? My sons rates in town are the equivalent of £20 per week, are Public sector rates same?

Sort of factored into rent. Pay it at the Post Office weekly. It's a little over £300 per year for a tiny terraced house in Arbory. It would be more in the bright lights of old Douglas town.

I don't understand why public sector tenants don't contribute to rates ?

Err, what? I pay rates.

Ok, but is that factored into rent? My sons rates in town are the equivalent of £20 per week, are Public sector rates same?

Sort of factored into rent. Pay it at the Post Office weekly. It's a little over £300 per year for a tiny terraced house in Arbory. It would be more in the bright lights of old Douglas town.

Rates? in reality it's a property tax , I pay £40 per week (in Onchan)

Archived