Cycle lane & road Islands

oldmanxfella

A skilled debater and the extra-sensory ability to see what a photographer was doing at the time they take a photograph.

My, you are talented!

Right hand side of the car suggests the driver took the photo, unless of course it was a passenger in a left hand drive car, Using a mobile phone while stationary WILL get you pulled over if seen by the police. Now wind ya neck in fuckface.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A skilled debater and the extra-sensory ability to see what a photographer was doing at the time they take a photograph.

My, you are talented!

Right hand side of the car suggests the driver took the photo, unless of course it was a passenger in a left hand drive car, Using a mobile phone while stationary WILL get you pulled over if seen by the police. Now wind ya neck in fuckface.

I reckon it's a still from a "dash cam"

I think the job of renewing the whole road and it's foundations has been very well done. it cannot be easy undertaking this task AND keep the road open 99% of the time too. The end product is something the workers involved should be proud of.

HOWEVER, all the hard work and long hours put into the project have been ruined by whoever thought up that f****** awfull mess of white paint !!!.

I am just waiting to see what lanes will be painted from McD's to the QB and if they will be as bad as the rest of the road.

The lanes vary in width, narrowing just past the Brown Bobby, which won't be much fun when busses and lorries meet there, (could be good times ahead for mirror suppliers).

Not sure what happens to the cycle lane and vehicle lanes as one gets to just before Pully Bridge (do cyclists have cross one line of traffic and join the other?)

If a long rigid or an artic emerge from Hills Meadow by the "DOI" depot, where do they go now that there is a concrete "curb" down the carriageway?.

A complete waste of time and money and an opportunity missed to get traffic into and out of town quicker.

PS, this is not aimed at Matt B as I know it is not of his doing.

Had several drives up and down it this evening. What a mess!

If they insist on the big pavements, then they should of split the pavement in half and put the cycle lane on there, leaving the roads for the vehicles. The cycle lanes are too narrow. Anything big (like a bus) will encroach into it. The width of the lanes goes from wide to narrow and back to wide again.

Where the bus stops are, there is a big raised kerb. Can't wait for someone stuck in traffic who gets a Fire Engine coming up behind them and tries to mount the pavement - it would rip their bumper off!

As for the approach from Douglas to Pulrose Bridge - no idea where the traffic is supposed to go. You keep thinking there is another lane, but it's the cycle lane which seems to meander all over the place! Continuing on towards QB means taking a right dogleg to get around the new traffic island by IOM Newspapers.

As Dilligaf says, 10/10 for the work - but ruined by white lines.

The whole layout is a total pile of shite. What the contractors did is lay flat tarmac from A to B (a road). Then a bunch of total fucking morons came in with a series of white lines and concrete islands to fuck up what should have been a simple stretch of road that sent traffic in one direction or another. Except the pavements, which nobody uses, which are at least 8" too wide.

The whole layout is a total pile of shite. What the contractors did is lay flat tarmac from A to B (a road). Then a bunch of total fucking morons came in with a series of white lines and concrete islands to fuck up what should have been a simple stretch of road that sent traffic in one direction or another. Except the pavements, which nobody uses, which are at least 8" too wide.

i doubt 8 inches makes much difference to the pavement witdh??

A bit of a 'nit- pick - ' pavements 8 " to wide.' There are other people who use the highways apart from car drivers you know. It appears that all the complaints come from those who want the roads all to themselves, to drive as they wish. Yet another confirmation of the Islands ' World Class ' selfishness

I can't understand why the cycle lanes aren't solid white lines? and why have they restricted traffic flow? why wasn't the road expanded and brought into the next generation to cope with increasing population over the next 20+ years.

I'll be very surprised if they don't have to revisit this road to add 'improvements' over the next few years.

A bit of a 'nit- pick - ' pavements 8 " to wide.' There are other people who use the highways apart from car drivers you know. It appears that all the complaints come from those who want the roads all to themselves, to drive as they wish. Yet another confirmation of the Islands ' World Class ' selfishness

I'm sure you know that "The Sultan" meant 8' not 8"

I can't understand why the cycle lanes aren't solid white lines? and why have they restricted traffic flow? why wasn't the road expanded and brought into the next generation to cope with increasing population over the next 20+ years.

I'll be very surprised if they don't have to revisit this road to add 'improvements' over the next few years.

I reckon the layout will be reviewed in days once they realise the complete cock-up they have made. I've just been through the QB again today and it looks like there is only going to be two lanes outbound (heading west) as there is no room for three. Yet another slowing of traffic leaving Douglas.

I drive well over 20,000 miles per year and can see massive problems caused by these stupid changes in traffic flow and can unfortunately see a big accident very soon, unless something is changed and I hope it is changed before TT week.

Who passes these plans ?

Archived