Burglars on the loose

Amadeus

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some thought as to why people are driven to such desperation as to turn to crime would be worthwhile.

I see very little evidence that takes place and using what has been written in the recent articles by John Callister who has faced such a hard time when faced with unemployment would be a good place to start.

The absolutely disgusting comments made to and about this man show that ignorance, indifference, and even antipathy clearly show two things. The first is such a shameful lack of Christian charity by so many people over here, and how very wrong the way that people here and in need are treated by a society that has values that represent the very worst of those found in Victorian times.

Is it surprising that some people turn to crime? Proposing long prison terms amounts to punishment twice over. The first for committing what too often are acts of desperation, the second for being poor.

There should be better support for drug addicts, yes. I assume that's what you mean. IOMG has shown it's lack of interest for this already, for example in the way DASH was treated. That needs looking at, but doesn't count as excuse for committing crimes.

The scumbag who broke into my house was simply a drunk piece of shit from Wales with a previous for ABH. He doesn't need support or therapy, he needs a shovel to the face and then some years behind bars.

Absolutely. I think most sensible people are sick to the back teeth of Christian charity extended to scumbags over the years. They see it as weakness and laugh in your face. Let's have a bit of Old Testament retribution.

The scumbag who broke into my house blah blah blah

Let it go man. Let it go. Give someone a cuddle and let it go.

For him? Never. I hope his life is filled with pain and misery, and that he dies a slow and painful death.

For him? Never. I hope his life is filled with pain and misery, and that he dies a slow and painful death.

Exactly. Those who have never been broken into and felt the anger it causes are those who are usually "Oh, he only stole a toaster and a DVD player, it's not the end of the world".

So you keep saying.

It's a German trait, a message they periodically try and spread across Europe every now and then.

If they restricted the pain to scumbags they would likely get more support.

If they were just rattling door handles to try to get in to random houses maybe it was someone who was just really desperate for a shit?

It's the future of the island - poor people breaking into posh houses, not to nick the TV, but to take a dump.

No matter what scheme they try there is no avoiding their toilet tax liability

I've had my car broken into loads in the UK. It was a bit hey boy though to be fair.

It made me very cross at first but my fury soon subsided and turned to pity when I realised that I would shortly have an amazing job shelling queenies in beautiful Peel and they would be in and out of prison with no prospects of good employment or nice holidays.

Merkin - 1

Thieving twats - nil

Some thought as to why people are driven to such desperation as to turn to crime would be worthwhile.

I see very little evidence that takes place and using what has been written in the recent articles by John Callister who has faced such a hard time when faced with unemployment would be a good place to start.

The absolutely disgusting comments made to and about this man show that ignorance, indifference, and even antipathy clearly show two things. The first is such a shameful lack of Christian charity by so many people over here, and how very wrong the way that people here and in need are treated by a society that has values that represent the very worst of those found in Victorian times.

Is it surprising that some people turn to crime? Proposing long prison terms amounts to punishment twice over. The first for committing what too often are acts of desperation, the second for being poor.

As far as I can see nothing was taken from these houses. I work with one of the householders whose property was entered and nothing was taken even though there were high value items there. He was not the only person who had somebody walk into their house, so not sure why the term burglar is being used.

We had thieves come in to our house. They stole a laptop, cash, passport and other valuables. Doing our own investigation we found out that it was kids in care. When we gave the police the guys name (who had been seen in the area and who we had found out had come home with an unusually large amount of cash) the police just said "if that's him, we won't get anything out of him". They didn't even try. They did nothing.

Another time a neighbour phoned me up when she heard someone in her home who had broken in. I went round and caught hold of the guy, there was a scuffle and he got away (it was either that or I damage him severely, which I fortunately I did not do). The police came and knew who it was from his description. Another kid in care. They would not do anything and offered an excuse for him and left.

I do sometimes despair, and wonder, 5-10 years later what those kids, now adults, are doing now.

Archived