Burglars on the loose

Amadeus

What medical facility is close to the location? I heard from a (probably not too) reliable source in the salon today that it was a patient who found his way out. So possibly not a mini crime wave, more a case of leaving the keys lying around to be found by one of the 'gently confused'.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I do sometimes despair, and wonder, 5-10 years later what those kids, now adults, are doing now.

Fathering and mothering other kids in care.

It's the cycle we are not good at breaking. The revolving door, and there are several revolving doors on this island, care and prison and others.

Once these people break the law, they can't get jobs, they get ostracised, and the cycle is re-enforced, again and again and again.

The population forget that these people can only break the cycle once they are rehabilitated and let back into society - which 99% of them have to return to, if only we let them. But we don't let them back - and the cycle continues.

Fathering and mothering other kids in care.

It's the cycle we are not good at breaking. The revolving door, and there are several revolving doors on this island, care and prison and others.

Fathering and mothering are one thing.

Casual breeding is quite another.

Maybe the snip should be offered for payment after people have had two kids or at least stop the benefits for those after two.

(Just curious as to what people generally think about this although going off topic)

Maybe the snip should be offered for payment after people have had two kids or at least stop the benefits for those after two.

(Just curious as to what people generally think about this although going off topic)

How offensive can you get?

Is that ok as an answer to your curiosity.

Get a dog, a baseball bat and a penchant for taking the law into your own hands and the next time someone tries to enter/take your property you can have some fun. If it's a young scumbag who's got form then even better. I'm self employed so getting a criminal record for protecting my family doesn't bother me. It might just be the last time they try it again on this rock though

Wait until someone breaks into your house and you'll get the Charles Bronson type of thinking as well. It should be reasonable force, so you sadly can't clobber the bastard to pulp, but I think having something near your bed that you can use to defend yourself is a good idea. I didn't have anything to hand at the time but kept a golf club in the bedroom ever since the incident. I recommend a small sand wedge. Not as long as a driver and easier to swing. Still enough oomph to take some teeth out and give a nice skull fracture.

Amadeus, I'm not advocating physical violence but you must have an enormous gaff and stairwell to be able to swing a golf club!

You may find the 'boys in blue' would consider a golf club an inappropriate bit of kit in a bedroom and " an offensive weapon"?

I hesitate to say this but you may get away with , assuming you were in fear of your life , grabbing the first thing to hand (perhaps a substantial "sex toy … a marble phallus perhaps ?..lol) and blipping the burglar.

That said ,I have been burgled, a couple of times, and can understand your anger an frustration.

Archived