Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

4 hours ago, The Phantom said:

Because today hurting someone's feelings/opinions is more serious than assaulting or stealing from them. 

The "Charlie Hebdo" attacks left 17 dead. All because cartoons caused offence.

The statue of Amy Winehouse that was defaced was in Camden Market which is a very diverse area. Knowing it would cause offence the owners of the market called the police.

2 hours ago, P.K. said:

The "Charlie Hebdo" attacks left 17 dead. All because cartoons caused offence.

The statue of Amy Winehouse that was defaced was in Camden Market which is a very diverse area. Knowing it would cause offence the owners of the market called the police.

Well again if the owners of the market knew it would cause offence ( and I’m sure it would to some) why did they not just remove the sticker?
I imagine that wouldn’t take more than a few seconds 

2 hours ago, The Voice of Reason said:

Well again if the owners of the market knew it would cause offence ( and I’m sure it would to some) why did they not just remove the sticker?
I imagine that wouldn’t take more than a few seconds 

Your thirst for knowledge does you credit.

So ask them...

The current Israeli government is a bit on the right wing side. I don’t think compromise of any kind is part of their mindset. I would imagine that is a bit of a problem for the west who must be seen to support Israel. Not sure how far that will go. Apparently , Galloway ( Catman but now the favourite to win in Rochdale and why would Rochdale not want a Dundonian to represent them ) wants a single Israeli / Palestinian state or a single Palestinian / Israeli state ( no I don’t know what the difference is either ) where Jews , Muslims and Christian’s can all live in harmony. Or so he says. Well good luck with that over there. We’re not exactly doing that terribly well with that over here in the good old west. The problem with this multi cultural thing is it’s like a bad marriage - we’re not compatible. Sad but true. Solution? Simple , just ban all organised religion and dismantle the lot and seize all their property , investments and fine art. All the money we’d get from the combined wealth of all of them would fund health for all and would help put an end to world poverty. After all what has God ( in any of his incarnations ) ever done for us.

On 2/22/2024 at 5:10 PM, P.K. said:

The whole pro Palestinian anti Israel movement is fundamentally flawed. It’s a bit like people going round sticking “Up the IRA” or “Keep the Brits Out” stickers on everything in 1985 and then Labour coming out and saying that anyone who suggests that the IRA or the government of Northern Ireland are terrorists will be expelled from the party. 

Edited by Interested Reader

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Loads more Israeli lies should be hitting the news wires right around now. 

Imagine believing anything they say. 

Speaking of "lies", you do understand that every bit of news eminating from gaza is released via the hamas-controlled health ministry, don't you?

Imagine believing anything they say... 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's not though is it? There's all kinds of reporting from in and around gaza, and when media outlets - pretty much all of them do this - report from the health ministry they are always very careful to prefix it with 'hamas controlled'. You can take that bit with a pinch of salt I guess, maybe they lie about how many kids got killed yesterday, or the day before that, or the day before that, or the day before that...

The propaganda war is always fierce. That UNWRA is Hamas story you fell for is an example. Unevidenced bollocks, even the US has 'low confidence' in that one. Big Israeli lies have massive consequences, and they keep doing it, and people keep lapping it up.

Today the IDF shot dead a bunch of desperate people and it is the desperate peoples own fault for being desperate is the actual line they're putting out. Utterly hideous.

3 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

It's not though is it? There's all kinds of reporting from in and around gaza, and when media outlets - pretty much all of them do this - report from the health ministry they are always very careful to prefix it with 'hamas controlled'. You can take that bit with a pinch of salt I guess, maybe they lie about how many kids got killed yesterday, or the day before that, or the day before that, or the day before that...

The propaganda war is always fierce. That UNWRA is Hamas story you fell for is an example. Unevidenced bollocks, even the US has 'low confidence' in that one. Big Israeli lies have massive consequences, and they keep doing it, and people keep lapping it up.

Today the IDF shot dead a bunch of desperate people and it is the desperate peoples own fault for being desperate is the actual line they're putting out. Utterly hideous.

I've certainly noticed frightened, hurt children being made to sit in line for the cameras. Plus lots more deliberately staged scenarios.

Hamas don't miss a trick in the PR war...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Yes, all those photos of dead people are fake and Hamas propaganda. Well done, you are very clever.

It's a given...

Ignoring the facts because they don't suit your narrative is just a bit naive.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HeliX said:

If Hamas were behaving like the IDF it'd be all over the front of every newspaper to demonstrate how barbaric they are.

You're having a laugh...

Hamas have already demonstrated how barbaric they are with all the footage they took of their October 7th assault ffs!

This was greeted by Palestinians rejoicing in the streets not only in Gaza but around the world.

If I was a member of the IDF having seen the deliberate brutality of Hamas and the celebrations that followed it never mind this totally unrealistic "turn the other cheek" nonsense I would want some payback as well.