Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

3 minutes ago, P.K. said:

That doesn't mean they are going to though, does it? And the figures show It's nothing like!

We all know you're desperate to diss Israel and plug your never-going-to-happen single state so-called "solution" but you should at least try and keep it real.

Yeah, I know, dream on...

I didn't say they were going to. I said that's what the guidelines would deem acceptable, and you started arguing against something I didn't say.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

I didn't say they were going to. I said that's what the guidelines would deem acceptable, and you started arguing against something I didn't say.

No.

I just used the facts. It's called living in Realty Land.

You should try it...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

No.

I just used the facts. It's called living in Realty Land.

You should try it...

The reality is that the guidelines say what I said they did. And they are abhorrent. And that's what I was stating. Everything else is just you tilting at windmills.

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

The reality is that the guidelines say what I said they did. And they are abhorrent. And that's what I was stating. Everything else is just you tilting at windmills.

Well Sancho, they're just guidelines and looking at the figures they're certainly not at the top end so stop behaving as though they are.

Just now, P.K. said:

Well Sancho, they're just guidelines and looking at the figures they're certainly not at the top end so stop behaving as though they are.

I'm not behaving anything. The guidelines the IDF is operating under are abhorrent. That's it. That's the statement.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HeliX said:

I'm not behaving anything. The guidelines the IDF is operating under are abhorrent. That's it. That's the statement.

Well Dapple, how would you estimate risk in a conflict against an insurgency?

1 minute ago, P.K. said:

Well Dapple, how would you estimate risk in a conflict against an insurgency?

Israel has previously had guidelines where 0 civilian deaths are acceptable for killing a low-level Hamas fighter. That seems more appropriate than 20 civilians per suspected fighter.

How many civilians are you happy with dying per suspected Hamas fighter?

36 minutes ago, HeliX said:

How many civilians are you happy with dying per suspected Hamas fighter?

Also, is there a definition for "suspected" in this context, or are those goalposts moveable at Israel's whim?

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Sheldon said:

Also, is there a definition for "suspected" in this context, or are those goalposts moveable at Israel's whim?

Identified by the AI which they claim has a 10% error rate. Having worked with a lot of AI models that is likely conservative. But for all we know it could mean "male and not yet bombed".

15 minutes ago, P.K. said:

Ask them...

It was a rhetorical question, and I'm fairly sure I already know the answer.

On 4/2/2024 at 10:47 AM, P.K. said:

Unfortunately if attacked you have no other choice but to get out there and kill the enemy.

Speaking of rhetorical, after the attack on their embassy in Syria imagine that Iran came into possession of a few dirty bombs and told the inhabitants of Jerusalem or Tel Aviv they had a week to be elsewhere, then detonated the devices a few days early stating that IDF commanders in the area were war criminals and legitimate targets who were using civilians as human shields. 

Just as well Iran doesn't have any nuclear material, eh?

• Like 1