Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

2 hours ago, TheTeapot said:

Glad to have woken up to the news that nothing too bad happened.

What comes next though?

Israel probably does one of 3 things. It can either accept the telling off but criticise Iran "in the strongest terms" and let that be the end of it, it can do a proportionate strike on military facilities to show its displeasure, or it can do a moronic disproportionate escalation.

I'd like to be able to assume which, but Bibi is a warmongering pisspig so who knows.

1 hour ago, HeliX said:

Israel probably does one of 3 things. It can either accept the telling off but criticise Iran "in the strongest terms" and let that be the end of it, it can do a proportionate strike on military facilities to show its displeasure, or it can do a moronic disproportionate escalation.

I'd like to be able to assume which, but Bibi is a warmongering pisspig so who knows.

Dear me but there's a lot of ignorance on here. Or have you simply forgotten that Hamas kicked off this round?

There is no point in having the regions best weaponry unless you use it. Now you can be certain that the Pasdaran were not in Syria doing laudable things. So we should all be pleased that a nest of vipers has been wiped out.

But strangely you're not... Why is this?

• Like 1

Just now, P.K. said:

Dear me but there's a lot of ignorance on here. Or have you simply forgotten that Hamas kicked off this round?

There is no point in having the regions best weaponry unless you use it. Now you can be certain that the Pasdaran were not in Syria doing laudable things. So we should all be pleased that a nest of vipers has been wiped out.

But strangely you're not... Why is this?

Because I don't applaud Israel escalating the conflict by striking the Iranian Consulate in Syria, which is in violation of international law. Because I'm not a warmongering dickhead.

There is no point in having the regions best weaponry unless you use it

Presumably nuclear states should just go flinging them about then eh.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Because I don't applaud Israel escalating the conflict by striking the Iranian Consulate in Syria, which is in violation of international law. Because I'm not a warmongering dickhead.

Presumably nuclear states should just go flinging them about then eh.

As I thought you HAD forgotten Hamas kicked off this round!

Nuclear weapons indeed - what a drama queen...

It's also against International law to give military aid to terrorist organisations. Israel has shown before it has a very low tolerance level of this kind of activity. Very understandable when you realise just what they are surrounded by - states and organisations that want the destruction of Israel and It's people...

Which is why your single state solution is beyond stupid.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, P.K. said:

As I thought you HAD forgotten Hamas kicked off this round!

This is reductive, ahistorical and stupid, but even if it was true it still makes Netanyahu's strikes in Syria a fucking dumb escalation. "But Miss, he started it!" is an idiotic excuse, even were it not a false one.

It's also against International law to give military aid to terrorist organisations. Israel has shown before it has a very low tolerance level of this kind of activity. Very understandable when you realise just what they are surrounded by - states and organisations that want the destruction of Israel and It's people...

Which is why your single state solution is beyond stupid.

Two wrongs famously do make a right, after all.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HeliX said:

If I had to guess I'd say the last option. I'm no expert in this by any stretch, but it seems to me that Israel's general response is to go many orders of magnitude in excess of what wronged them. An eye for an eye? More like a thousand eyes, ears, noses, and why not just obliterate a thousand heads and have done with it, for an eye. 

That line, which I just made up, is possibly also somewhere in Leviticus. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, wrighty said:

If I had to guess I'd say the last option. I'm no expert in this by any stretch, but it seems to me that Israel's general response is to go many orders of magnitude in excess of what wronged them. An eye for an eye? More like a thousand eyes, ears, noses, and why not just obliterate a thousand heads and have done with it, for an eye. 

That line, which I just made up, is possibly also somewhere in Leviticus. 

Hamas undertook a pogrom, going door to door, killing, raping, burning. The pogrom ended when those committing this atrocity were stopped.

In the year up to the point, they had fired 1700 missiles at Israel. While the ceasefire held.

What is the proportionate to that?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hoopsaa said:

Hamas undertook a pogrom, going door to door, killing, raping, burning. The pogrom ended when those committing this atrocity were stopped.

In the year up to the point, they had fired 1700 missiles at Israel. While the ceasefire held.

What is the proportionate to that?

Er, they weren't stopped, they took hostages back to Gaza.

https://reliefweb.int/report/occupied-palestinian-territory/2023-marks-deadliest-year-record-children-occupied-west-bank

Interesting thing to call a "ceasefire".

25 minutes ago, HeliX said:

Er, they weren't stopped, they took hostages back to Gaza.

https://reliefweb.int/report/occupied-palestinian-territory/2023-marks-deadliest-year-record-children-occupied-west-bank

Interesting thing to call a "ceasefire".

Well, we're talking about Gaza, not the West Bank, for a start.

Some went back with hostages (that's OK, is it? That doesn't elicit a response?), many more continued until they were stopped.

As I'm sure you know.

19 minutes ago, hoopsaa said:

Well, we're talking about Gaza, not the West Bank, for a start.

Some went back with hostages (that's OK, is it? That doesn't elicit a response?), many more continued until they were stopped.

As I'm sure you know.

So it's alright for Israel to kill Palestinians in the West Bank? If you'd like to talk about Israel killing Gazans during your supposed ceasefire we can do that too, there's no shortage.

Taking civilians hostage is bad. As is imprisoning civilians without trial.

I dunno. Are Iran's ballistic missiles and drones that shit/Israel's Iron Dome system that good that only circa 1% of those launched managed to strike an Israeli target? Could there be a touch of orchestrated theatrics going on here? Albeit on a large scale. 

• Like 1