Israel vs. the rest of the world?

spook

Sigh

Iran says 'enemy' will 'regret' Guards killings in Syria

Iran on Saturday again threatened retaliation for the deaths of seven Revolutionary Guards in a strike on Damascus, with the army chief saying his country’s enemies will “regret” the killings, reports AFP.

Iran’s response “will be carried out at the right time, with the necessary precision and planning, and with maximum damage to the enemy so that they regret their action,” chief of staff Mohammad Bagheri said on Saturday

The Islamic republic’s supreme leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei has said Israel “will be punished” for the killings.

On Friday, IRGC chief Gen Hossein Salami warned that Israel “cannot escape the consequences” of the Damascus strike.

(from the guardian live blog)

Depending on what exactly they do this could lead to much much more war. I said I thought it was needlessly provocative the other day, still think so. I don't know why they did it, it will just make things worse.

Conspiracy hat wearers might suggest Israel bombed the embassy in Syria to goad Iran into a proper attack (rather than the proxy stuff), to bring those now finally disturbed enough by the Gaza horror back onside. But that can't possibly be it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, John Wright said:

Im not sure that the two state solution is the answer. Hiding people behind walls or barbed wire fences doesn’t make them go away or respect their rights. Neither does allowing one sides settlers to expropriate land from the other side. Nor does continued fighting, whether it’s Hammas terrorism or IDF excessive/disproportionate response.

What makes you think Iran will be ok with an Israeli/Palestinian settlement?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, TheTeapot said:

Depending on what exactly they do this could lead to much much more war. I said I thought it was needlessly provocative the other day, still think so. I don't know why they did it, it will just make things worse.

It will certainly piss on their Al-Quds Parade...

29 minutes ago, P.K. said:

What makes you think Iran will be ok with an Israeli/Palestinian settlement?

At some stage the mullahs will fall. Who’d have foreseen the fall of the iron curtain, Brexit, or the fall from grace and influence of the Catholic Church in Ireland. Same in Ukraine. Putin won’t last for ever.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, John Wright said:

At some stage the mullahs will fall. Who’d have foreseen the fall of the iron curtain, Brexit, or the fall from grace and influence of the Catholic Church in Ireland. Same in Ukraine. Putin won’t last for ever.

Who'll replace the mullahs though ? Peace isn't an option while Israel exists. It's holy war to the last Jew.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Shake me up Judy said:

Who'll replace the mullahs though ? Peace isn't an option while Israel exists. It's holy war to the last Jew.

It doesn’t matter, we can’t predict. But there will be change. Who could have imagined Paisley and Adams and McGuiness getting in bed together.

5 hours ago, P.K. said:

It will certainly piss on their Al-Quds Parade...

I watched the whole parade yesterday. Unsurprisingly, no ISIS or hamas flags this year and only a few calls of "death to Jews!" Maybe 4/5000 on the March? As it passed, those Jews taking part in the counter-protest spontaneously began dancing and singing traditional Hebrew songs, a few with drums and whistles. The chant of "no hostages, no cease-fire" was a popular one. In a show of solidarity the Israeli flags flew alongside Union flags. A few of the Al-quds marchers shouted stuff, a few of the ISIS hand signals went up, threatening with the usual angry menace. The Jewish contingent (around 1000 at one point) rounded off the party with a loud rendition of the Hetikvah and last of all, a hearty, 'God save the King.'

10 arrests/detainings; mostly public order offences, some immediately released with a word of warning. Plenty of Met activity, who showed a lot of restraint, which was probably wise given the potential for mayhem. Some violence on the transport systems later on, possibly connected.

A good result all the same, considering. 

Edited by quilp
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Who are Iran's drones aimed at and what is their participation in this conflict? Who would be affected if they hit their intended targets?