Who is being a right kinky Charlie IOM

passthemike

John,I thought the 'toytown law school' comment was directed at Censorship rather than you.

am I wrong John that the greater risk is the wrong person being identified than naming the person actually involved?

Rubbish. Despite being in incredibly poor taste not one person has been named and it's impossible for anyone to work anything out from what I can decipher.

you don't think most people on here make an assumption as soon as the term 'hot tub' is used?

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've seen the pictures of the drinks in the hot tub at the hot tub party. Think they were posted on FB. There was a spat about it on here so i saved a copy, just in case. I wasn't aware it was alleged that there was anything kinky about it. In fact I'm sure there wasn't. I thought, at the time, the objection or tittle tattle, was about it being sort of in poor taste.

I didn't raise the hot tub point but when another poster enquired if it was the hot tub couple. I merely pointed out that as far as I was aware they were no longer espoused.

John, wouldn't it afford posters and potentially the forum greater protection if the people involved were named, as it is not defamatory to state something which is true, even if it is pointless, intrusive and perhaps embarrassing for those involved, than letting people guess and potentially defame people who are not involved?

No, what really needs to happen here is for the thread to be removed. If something is [allegedly] true, that doesn't mean it's fair game to print it. It's an invasion of privacy. Failure to delete malicious threads like this poses a danger of Manx Forums being used not just as a place for petty gossip but as an avenue for malicious attacks on other people's reputations as well there being potential for blackmail -- e.g. toe the party line or do X, Y and Z or we'll post about you on Manx Forums, wording it in a way that makes it obvious it's about you without actually saying it's about you.

This really is hilarious now - quite why are you trying to force the Mods to shut this down TJ? The real reason not your faux indignation for effect.

You have used words like "bully" and "force" but I have merely stated my opinion that I think the thread is malicious and ought to be removed. What I'd really like to know is why you and others are so keen on keeping the thread on here? Do you have some sort of personal vendetta against the parties involved? I have already stated for the record that I have no personal interest in this matter; only a belief in liberty and therefore privacy.

You're not getting off that easily - you have substantial form in trying to bully Mods to have threads pulled as you've tried to do it several times before when you don't like the content. I don't even know, and cannot guess, who this thread is about as nobody has said or named anyone in the entire 4 pages. I'm nicely intrigued by your response though TJ. Libertarian my arse.

In my report, I merely stated my opinion that the thread was malicious and of ill-intent and offered my advice on the matter, namely to remove the thread before it gets out of hand. On the thread, I have merely re-affirmed my opinion. I reject your characterisation of my posts as "bully[ing]" or "force[ful]". Like you, I also have no idea who this thread is about, but I do know there will be people who do know who the thread is about. If anything, the fact that no name is actually named ought to warrant the thread being removed for lack of content or at the very least moved over to the general topic section because I fail to see how an anonymous person's private life could be deemed "local news". And I am a Libertarian; you can believe otherwise, but I stand by it.

When people put themselves in a position of honour, they should behave accordingly. TJ, by requesting the removal of the thread you are implying it is OK for people in positions of honour to behave with no respect for their position & that indiscretions should be muted.

I'd rake up the hot tub thread but someone full of hate posted a whole load of venom on it and it ruined the fun :( boo.

When people put themselves in a position of honour, they should behave accordingly. TJ, by requesting the removal of the thread you are implying it is OK for people in positions of honour to behave with no respect for their position & that indiscretions should be muted.

I'd rake up the hot tub thread but someone full of hate posted a whole load of venom on it and it ruined the fun sad.png boo.

Being a local councillor is not a position of honour. We elect them to represent us in civic matters. That's all. We don't elect them to ascend to Mount Sinai or to become the Dalai Lama or the Pope and forego being mere mortals. What they or their spouses do in their private lives has absolutely nothing to do with their elected position(s).

I've seen the pictures of the drinks in the hot tub at the hot tub party. Think they were posted on FB. There was a spat about it on here so i saved a copy, just in case.

You saved a copy just in case???

Mind you the moderators on here seem to have an obsession with a certain man obviously he has magnetism and appeal beyond the ballot box for some.

http://www.manxforums.com/forums/index.php?/topic/53653-manor-nursery-the-malarkey-nimbys/?p=765357

Archived