A new Pink Floyd album will be released tomorrow!

Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's your own fault for over-indulging yourself

& would you listen to the advice of your - dare I say - sage elders? Eh?

I'm a fan of Pink Floyd's TDSOTM and later albums but I wasn't very impressed with the new album either.

I agree with TJ that it should have been released - if at all - as a bonus disc to a 20th anniversary edition of The Division Bell.

They've been pretty average since Waters left. Some might say earlier than that, but The Final Cut was poor and they never improved after that.

How can you say that The Final Cut was poor ?

I have never heard that description before, for that album.

What would you say was their best album ?

Quite easily. Its called an opinion and I'm as entitled to it as you are to yours. It wasn't up to the standard of their previous work. The band was finished and you can hear the tension all over that record which makes it a sub par listening experience.

Its hard to pinpoint their best album. My opinion can change on different days. Meddle is one I often go back to.

Watch the late Ian McLagan playing with The Faces

Brilliant band, but it is just "Faces" not "The Faces".

Tell the Beeb - it says 'The Faces' on the clip

It wasn't posted on YouTube by The BBC, it was the guy who posted it on YouTube that got it wrong.

Had no idea that Ian McLagan had died until a few hours ago. I think he was on the Island a few years ago with Billy Bragg. He was in two of the best bands ever; the Small Faces, and The Faces; and despite the huge talent around him he was an essential element in both. There are some really nice obituaries in the press if anyone's interested. Thanks for the posts Donald.

Here's some classic Stones for Isaac. Seasonal too....

http://youtu.be/H8n_lpsOegs

Had no idea that Ian McLagan had died until a few hours ago. I think he was on the Island a few years ago with Billy Bragg. He was in two of the best bands ever; the Small Faces, and The Faces; and despite the huge talent around him he was an essential element in both. There are some really nice obituaries in the press if anyone's interested. Thanks for the posts Donald.

Yep McLagan added a great deal to Billy Bragg's show at that time. Billy told the story that he told him they were playing the Isle of Man and Maclagan replied "played there before, 1965".

It's Faces on all their lp covers, but The Faces is a better name.

• 9 months later...

So it looks like David Gilmour has released a new solo album, Rattle That Lock. He kept that quiet, the cheeky monkey!

I've listened to the samples and it does have a few decent songs on it. I liked his On an Island solo album. Definitely better than that Endless River crap from Pink Floyd. Have a listen here:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B011NM5NGE/ref=br_imp_ara-1/276-5351312-3415546?_encoding=UTF8&ref=dmm_gw_her_0918_NE&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-hero-C&pf_rd_r=0ZY8MPKFE69SZTW3HM64&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=694780847&pf_rd_i=desktop

Archived