Three-year jail term for Peel teenager

The Sick Moon

I reckon that this is a good time as any to end this thread.

Everything that can be said, has been said and consideration must be given to the grieving family.

I don't think any points can be scored or indeed anything achieved by keeping this going on and on.

Just my view like.

+1

• 7 years later...

Sorry to use this old thread, but I didn’t want to start a new thread.

A single vehicle accident last night occurred last night on the Switchback Road. A young driver aged 17 driving a Ford Fiesta. The driver suffered serious injuries and was flown to Liverpool for hospital treatment. 

Needless to say I doubt this will be the only case to happen, and would say it’s down to the authorities to actually take action, especially with younger drivers who are going to spoil it for other younger drivers, who could be restricted in future, due to the actions of others.

• Like 1

I think that there is already a speed limit on the Switchback. Single vehicle accident, dangerous driving at best.

His accident may be more sobering to his age group than any road safety campaign?

Hope he recovers soon from his injuries. 17 yrs old!

Edited by Kopek

Perhaps if people were personally liable for accidents then you would see people behave more responsibly.

As it stands, the ‘oh well the insurance will sort that out’ they’ll probably get a decent payout, probably more than the car is worth, as will any passengers putting in injury claims, what exactly is the lesson to be learned? 

Edited by Annoymouse

2 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Perhaps if people were personally liable for accidents then you would see people behave more responsibly.

As it stands, the ‘oh well the insurance will sort that out’ they’ll probably get a decent payout, probably more than the car is worth, as will any passengers putting in injury claims, what exactly is the lesson to be learned? 

Serious injuries and flown to Liverpool. Money isn't more important than health, what more deterrent can there be?

Having a crash at 17 is likely to put your premiums up for long enough to be more than any on the spot penalty for having a crash anyway. Not to mention how you decide which crashes to apply that to...

1 minute ago, HeliX said:

Having a crash at 17 is likely to put your premiums up for long enough to be more than any on the spot penalty for having a crash anyway. Not to mention how you decide which crashes to apply that to...

Not really, it’s 5 years declaration for most accidents, some insurance companies are 3, you’d expect a ban for a year or two anyway for dangerous/careless driving anyway so after that has happened and you would retake a test it’s only another 2-3 years wait max before insurance resets itself anyway, most people can do without a car for 2 or 3 years.

3 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

Yes, it’s a privilege not a right, a lot of people (not just teenagers!) have this throwaway attitude that it’s someone else’s problem.

I forgot to put the former in quotes, I don't agree with the statement.