Three-year jail term for Peel teenager

The Sick Moon

Just now, offshoremanxman said:

He must have been going at it to be flown away. A newish Fiesta will take a good beating with all the airbags and protection zones. Thirty years ago you wouldn’t even have a seatbelt on. 

On average sure, but there's always a chance of something unusual causing more injury than you'd expect for a particular crash.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Annoymouse said:

Perhaps if people were personally liable for accidents then you would see people behave more responsibly.

As it stands, the ‘oh well the insurance will sort that out’ they’ll probably get a decent payout, probably more than the car is worth, as will any passengers putting in injury claims, what exactly is the lesson to be learned? 

At 17 he’s extremely unlikely to have fully comp.

9 minutes ago, hissingsid said:

At that age we all thought we were invincible 😪

Not necessarily, for my first car I had a tin box that had my knees for a crumple zone, a steering wheel for an airbag and I was all to aware that if I crashed it I probably wouldn’t survive to tell the tale, but then I had also saved up with my own money, it was a bag of shit but equally my pride and joy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Annoymouse said:

So save us the bullshit, how exactly did it happen then? I’ve not seen the video but the fact someone was recording the journey in itself raises suspicion.

The police message actually refers to "video footage of the crash scene [that] has been circulated via social media platforms such as Snapchat".  Which may suggest this was someone filming the aftermath rather than the journey.

14 hours ago, John Wright said:

Not so.  My youngest has fully comp insurance in her own name and is still a learner.  It was the cheapest way of doing it, and will only be another £50 once she passes.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, John Wright said:

43 minutes ago, wrighty said:

Not so.  My youngest has fully comp insurance in her own name and is still a learner.  It was the cheapest way of doing it, and will only be another £50 once she passes.

There are very few TPF&T insurances these days. Our young fella was on my insurance as a named driver from 16 - fully comp and now has his own now at 22, again fully comp. If you search for TPF&T these days you don't find many that do it anymore and its hardly any cheaper (in fact often more expensive for some reason)

Edited by Happier diner

14 hours ago, Annoymouse said:

Not necessarily, for my first car I had a tin box that had my knees for a crumple zone, a steering wheel for an airbag and I was all to aware that if I crashed it I probably wouldn’t survive to tell the tale, but then I had also saved up with my own money, it was a bag of shit but equally my pride and joy.

Was it like this?