11 dead in gun attack on newspaper office in France

Tarne

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There was a gun attack at Charlie Hebdo, a French satirical newspaper, 11 dead so far with numerous wounded

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-30710777

No word on who the gunmen are, but fingers are being pointed at Islamic terrorists.

who the fuck else would it be,the frogs have brought this upon themselves by suckink up to these islamic terrorists.

The people who carried out this atrocity see liberty of thought and expression as something to be murderous cut down. They are the enemies of civilization and everything a modern diverse secular society stands for.

Its pretty horrific. The gunmen were heard to announce "The Prophet is Avenged" at one point.

They knew where to go, which offices to go into, who to kill, and how to get around security. And they're still at large, and given the amount of time since the attack, may have been able to leave Paris already, or at least switch Vehicles and either get to a hideout where they intend to go out in a blaze of glory, or come up with an escape plan that will have them at large for an extended period of time.

All over a satirical magazine which is an equal opportunity abuser (their views on Christianity , Judaism , Islam, etc etc are all broadly the same)

I have no doubt that these people will not surface alive again. They should not be allowed to be taken alive. And it crosses a line for me to even consider that, but cold blooded murder in the name of religion, sorry, those people have no place in the human race.

They should not be allowed to be taken alive.

The governement has (quite properly) described this is a criminal incident. Beyond that all speculation is stupid and potentially inflammatory.

Free speech must be defended

The magazine in its former incarnation was banned.

There was a gun attack at Charlie Hebdo, a French satirical newspaper, 11 dead so far with numerous wounded

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-europe-30710777

No word on who the gunmen are, but fingers are being pointed at Islamic terrorists.

who the fuck else would it be,the frogs Western Europeans have brought this upon themselves by sucking up to these islamic terrorists.

Fixed. More testament to the glories of diversity.

Stand up for atheism and secularism, folks. People say "this is not representative of Islam"; well it is. This is precisely what religion of any kind is about. It's about obedience and deference to ideas which are claimed to have a divine source. These ideas, whatever they are and however they have been selected or interpreted, are given special power and force in the minds of believers because of their supposed divine nature. Whether you are simply washing your socks in a special divinely ordained way, or whether you are gearing up for an afternoon of murdering defenceless people in the name of your prophet, you are behaving in the same stupid and inexcusable way.

Western civilisation is engaged in an inner ideological conflict between secularism and religion. Secularism is already on the back foot because of millennia of culturally entrenched religion and the apparently inherent genetic disposition in some people toward religious belief. Secularism's fighting strategy is apparently to be as apologetic, polite, and accommodating toward its foe as possible. I don't think it sends out quite the right message. We should be projecting and affirming the idea that belief without evidence is wrong and stupid. Religion is stupid.

I err... well, I feel sick.

I just found a picture on twitter, and it's the gunmen executing a police officer on the ground.

I hope this helps polarise the EU to do something.

I saw the video on a news agency site, no warning and not nice at all. Quite brutal.

Archived