• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So my upgrade is finished, synced at 69.3 down and 11 up.

4132429667.png

Currently getting a seriously unsteady download, fluctuating between 0.8 and 1.9, down from a solid 4.5. Obviously it's the worst time for test but before the upgrade pretty consistent no matter what time of day.

Had the same downtime issues twice, the latest being on Saturday just gone. Never had it with MT but in the last month I've switched to Wi-Manx, only on the poverty-spec broadband being where I live. Pain in the arse when you've got a nights gaming lined up......

Looking like mainly / only WiManx customers being negatively affected then

Make of that what you will.

Here is my current NNTP download speed. Be amazed.

NNTP_zpsdbf6ae55.png

Yup. My "Up to 80mb" super fast VDSL Plus, is now one eighth of the speed of my previous VDSL

@Slim, you with MT or WiManx?

Be good if we could build up some hard evidence to give them

@twonky, please ring Wimanx and raise a ticket, the more people who complain the louder the voice

Just throwing this out there as I am due an upgrade any day now. ISP is Sure.

4135314420.png

I assume the traffic above never leaves the Island which isn't a very good indication so here is one to Manx Telecom which does leave the Island and come back again...

4135329815.png

This is Sync'd at 86156Kb/sec down and 2495Kb/sec up but obviously still on the usual VDSL profile. I will post the same tests when the upgrade is complete.

Just throwing this out there as I am due an upgrade any day now. ISP is Sure.

4135314420.png

I assume the traffic above never leaves the Island which isn't a very good indication so here is one to Manx Telecom which does leave the Island and come back again...

4135329815.png

This is Sync'd at 86156Kb/sec down and 2495Kb/sec up but obviously still on the usual VDSL profile. I will post the same tests when the upgrade is complete.

Keep us posted, I am contemplating the same.

That 11ms ping is very good, are you virtually next top the fibre cabinet, what ping do you get to bbc.co.uk?

I am about 400 metres away from the cabinet and have some interleaving enabled on my line. I was thinking about getting this turned off, does anyone know what the prerequisites are in terms of line quality to get it turned off?

Sorry, the first speedtest was just the default "Start Test" which defaulted to Bluewave whom I assume buy Bandwidth off Sure so the speedtest doesn't leave the Island hence the decent ping :) The second was a Speedtest to Manx Telecom so traffic does leave the Island due to no peering.

Ping to bbc.co.uk is 30 32ms

Archived