Hill Street Police Raid

When Skies Are Grey

Why take a chance on a speculation or hearsay when it'll all be out soon anyway? No point.

Coming up to 4 months and not a peep since the original arrests, is there more to this than meets the eye or has it all been neatly swept under the carpet?

Oh yes. I'd forgotten about this.

Did I miss some connection with J W,. Not up to speed with what happened there.

• Replies 957
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why take a chance on a speculation or hearsay when it'll all be out soon anyway? No point.

Coming up to 4 months and not a peep since the original arrests, is there more to this than meets the eye or has it all been neatly swept under the carpet?

Must admit I had forgotton, but then I happened to park in hill street today and made me wonder.

Did I miss some connection with J W,. Not up to speed with what happened there.

Im not sure why j2bad followed up on this thread today. But he's right it's been quite some time although I doubt it's anything sinister as these sort of things can take years to roll out. I doubt it's anything unusual.

Just coincidence and curiosity, I guess no news is good news or something, just at the time a colleague suggested that this was a very big deal and could implicate more local companies so the lack of further warrants or arrests suggests not.

BUMP!

The best laid schemes o' mice an' men........

I for one think it is in the public interest to be given an update on this and to be informed of what companies and individuals are involved so we can conduct our affairs accordingly.

It is in the public interest to know who have been charged, not who may be helping with enquiries as they may have information useful to the enquiry but not be suspected of any complicitly in the suspected wrongdoing.

Also cases such as this often take months if not years to come to court and proper "progress" to be made. What sort of update would you expect to see in the papers? Anything of substance would no doubt be confidential until after the court case has been finished.

It is in the public interest to know who have been charged, not who may be helping with enquiries as they may have information useful to the enquiry but not be suspected of any complicitly in the suspected wrongdoing.

On the other hand, there may be people who could assist the authorities with their enquiries but they are unable to do so because they have no idea who is under investigation.

Skeet-seeking, gossip-loving, nosy buggers abound...

I'd missed this thread. Well it's pretty much common knowledge some of it isn't it? Reading back through the last 10 pages or so there's certainly people who sound like they want to say something, but not quite saying what they apparently want to say. Almost like they feel they are being watched. The oddest thread I've read on here for a long time.

• 8 months later...

Wow! That's more money in cash than most people will ever see, the guy must be totally loaded. He's not the first and he won't be the last.

Again, it's one of those police pick and choose jobs, loads of cash transaction people over here, why pick on just Paul Bell?

With the Panama leaks and the extreme pressure being out on Cameron over offshore avoidance in general the political climate sitting behind this sort of action has changed somewhat in the last week. You can guess HMRC must be getting pretty motivated by its political matters to secure a few high profile convictions on these sort of cases.

Archived