Reward offered to identify poison pen author: Do you recognise the handwriting?

The Sick Moon

People are almost justifying this act of downright fuckwittery (I'm talking about the penning of the letter for the pedantic cretins amongst you).

This says more about them than the actions of Mr. Teare & the rest of Tynwald.

Manx Forums sinks to an all-time low yet again. A daily occurrence it would seem.

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Personally I don't think anyone should have their family threatened because of their job..

Any threat of violence against another is deplorable.

that's how we keep our hands on natural assets from other countries, if negotiations and sanctions don't work we call them terrorists and bomb them into submission to accept our terms. threats of violence are sometimes the only things that work. unless you have money, then you can afford the courts to do your dirty work in most cases.

People are almost justifying this act of downright fuckwittery (I'm talking about the penning of the letter for the pedantic cretins amongst you).

Manx Forums sinks to an all-time low yet again. A daily occurrence it would seem.

i just dont think too many people are taking these threats seriously..

Balderdash.

To favourably compare what is probably the worst Tynwald EVER led by an incompetent inner sanctum to some poor sod who out of frustration or hurt howled at the moon by sending a threat to one of the worst, a threat that the liklihood of ever being even attempted let alone come near to have carried through, is unbelievable.

To then criticise the members of this forum who have started to see through the smoke and mirrors and institutional corruption is also staggeringly insulting to them.

MF may be at an all time low, but Tynwald (AB, ET + cronies) is at an even lower low.

i just dont think too many people are taking these threats seriously..

In this case, hardly surprising. If anyone was minded to attempt to inflict harm on Tear they would simply gone ahead and done so.

I am absolutely convinced this is no more than someone writing 'Tear, your just a big sh*t so ya sucks boo'.

Don't talk rubbish. I went back up this thread and nobody has. You're Geoff Corkish and I claim my £5. All this is being whipped up (as I see it) as Teare has made some shit decisions and he now wants some sympathy from the public for being on the tail end of some shit decisions. Nobody in their right mind condones anyone getting threats to their family and I can't see that anyone has. Some have, however, questioned why this is being covered in the press this week after the pensions decision publicity.

Don't talk rubbish. I went back up this thread and nobody has. You're Geoff Corkish and I claim my £5. All this is being whipped up (as I see it) as Teare has made some shit decisions and he now wants some sympathy from the public for being on the tail end of some shit decisions. Nobody in their right mind condones anyone getting threats to their family and I can't see that anyone has. Some have, however, questioned why this is being covered in the press this week after the pensions decision publicity.
You've clearly not read the thread in full, Quilp's first page reply reinforces my statement "almost justifying" but crack on anyway ...

You'd make a fantastic juror you.

You've clearly not read the thread in full, Quilp's first page reply reinforces my statement "almost justifying" but crack on anyway ...

And you'd make a lousy analyst. Quid did not justify or almost justify what is claimed to have taken place.

What he DID do was to suggest that it was not surprising to anyone that someone was so disgusted with Tear as to do what they did which when push comes to shove was as I have written previously was on a par with howling at the moon out of pain or frustration or both.

And to me it did indeed come as no surprise other than there hads not been widespread criticism and condemnation of The Troika in general and Tear in particular.

Go and shag yourself. It's clear what's been said in all respect above. Can I have my £5?

did wonder myself why only 2 or 3 lines would be released ..actually bought the paper in the hope of reading the rest of it...nope. just the exact same lines..done to protect our innocent minds im sure, though others not like myself in any way, could wrongfully jump to the conclusion that it was done to prevent us reading it and thinking,"well, i suppose he has got a point there"

• 7 months later...

A 62 year old man from Douglas? What's the betting on it being another MHK?

Just checked all the dates of birth for the MHKs. The only one who is definitely 62 is David Quirk. Geoffrey Boot might be 62 but can't find his birthday. Neither live in Douglas.

Archived