Reward offered to identify poison pen author: Do you recognise the handwriting?

The Sick Moon

Well! Can you help? The police have narrowed it down to about 80,000 suspects! No but really, it's all a bit silly isn't it? I wonder what the reward is?

The police are currently investigating the matter and has published excerpts from the letters in the hope that somebody will recognise the handwriting and identify the author.
Mr Teare, who’s the MHK for Ayre, said: ‘Conduct of this nature is totally unacceptable. It has had a profound effect on my family. I am offering a personal reward in return for any information that will help the police with their inquiries.
‘I would appeal to anyone who knows who is responsible to come forward. I have decided to put up the cash reward to assist the investigation and hopefully prevent others in the community having to experience what my family is going through.’
This was first reported by Isle of Man Newspapers in December last year.
Inspector Andy Kneen said: ‘The threatening nature and language used within the body of these letters falls well outside what is acceptable and would appear to form the basis of a criminal offence.
‘A number of avenues of inquiry have so far been pursued, and some remain open.’
Anyone with information should contact Constable Adam Hawkes at Ramsey police station on 812234. Alternatively, people can call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
The statement from Mr Teare doesn’t give a figure for the reward."

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The man is a fool.

If anyone really wanted to physically harm him or his family they would just do it.

If he really is concerned for himself he should profoundly apologise for his actions while in government, immediately resign, and get out of town.

The statement from Mr Teare doesn’t give a figure for the reward."

It'll be out for consultation.

....and will then be found to be commercially confidential.

Last December and they release it today? Lightning aren't they?

They had that VAT thingummy and all those burglaries to attend to.

If you read some local Facebook groups, there are some pretty outrageous thickos doing the rounds, 'with form' too, that I would put nothing past.

Would be helpful if they transcribed it into a readable form and published it in full, that way someone might recognize a phrase or sentence used by someone they know.

Hurts my eyes trying to decipher it at the moment.

He didn't threaten to set his house on fire did he? I think I know who that might........

The letter makes some specific references about the writers grudges, shouldn't be that hard to narrow it down surely?

Archived